No hard drive during boot

Murray

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2003

My father had removed a program called SAVE! from his
computer with a trojan removal program. After it was
removed he started the computer in the morning and it
failes to boot and find the hard drives.

I removed this same program from my computer and nothing
happened. His computer now also wants a XP boot disk to
allow booting.

Anyone got a idea why a working computer will suddenly
loose it's master drive for booting and usage? We have
had the compute with XP for 4 months with him untill this
problem and yes we checked the cords. I am giving him
new cords to see if it's a damaged cord issue.

Murray

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2003

I called my father and he got the following error if this
may help:

PXE-E6i (the i is not certain if it's a 1 L or I)
Media Test failure check cable.
Disk Boot failure insert system disk and press enter.

The problem got resolved. thanks fo anyone who checked
this artical ouy.

Barrie

Distinguished
May 21, 2004

At least you could told us how you resolved the problem!
Others mist hace the same problem