Microsoft Wireless Desktop, wirless network cards

Hi. I have an MS wireless desktop (not Bluetooth) -
Multimedia kb and Optical mouse 2, on XPSP1. drivers
versions 5.1, and 5.0 respectively.
I have tried to install an ORIGO 802.11b+ wireless
network card, and the card appears to interfere with the
wireless keyboard and mouse. They're both ok when the
drivers are installed, but as soon as the card is
installed, they won't work at all. Card out, work fine!
Is there a clash on the same waveband?
Is there a way round it?
1 answer Last reply
More about microsoft wireless desktop wirless network cards

    I am not sure if it is that the waves are interfering with one another
    or if it is a hardware conflict within the computer. You could try
    changing the channel that the keyboard/mouse are connecting on.

    ----
    Nathan McNulty

    Simon wrote:
    > Hi. I have an MS wireless desktop (not Bluetooth) -
    > Multimedia kb and Optical mouse 2, on XPSP1. drivers
    > versions 5.1, and 5.0 respectively.
    > I have tried to install an ORIGO 802.11b+ wireless
    > network card, and the card appears to interfere with the
    > wireless keyboard and mouse. They're both ok when the
    > drivers are installed, but as soon as the card is
    > installed, they won't work at all. Card out, work fine!
    > Is there a clash on the same waveband?
    > Is there a way round it?

Wireless Desktops Microsoft Windows XP