Microsoft Wireless Desktop, wirless network cards

Tags:
  • Wireless
  • Desktops
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
August 9, 2004 6:32:42 PM

Hi. I have an MS wireless desktop (not Bluetooth) -
Multimedia kb and Optical mouse 2, on XPSP1. drivers
versions 5.1, and 5.0 respectively.
I have tried to install an ORIGO 802.11b+ wireless
network card, and the card appears to interfere with the
wireless keyboard and mouse. They're both ok when the
drivers are installed, but as soon as the card is
installed, they won't work at all. Card out, work fine!
Is there a clash on the same waveband?
Is there a way round it?

More about : microsoft wireless desktop wirless network cards

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
August 10, 2004 3:59:53 AM

I am not sure if it is that the waves are interfering with one another
or if it is a hardware conflict within the computer. You could try
changing the channel that the keyboard/mouse are connecting on.

----
Nathan McNulty

!