Unable to use DVD drive

Paul

Splendid

I have two cd drives one CD-R and a DVD-R both worked fine
now when i put any cd or dvd in they both show a blank cd
and i have tryed with many different cds and nothing
changes..
But if i load WIN98 then i can use the drives and they both
work again, but not on XP anymore.. Does anyone have any
ideas??

First, I would try removing both drives from Device Manager (Click
Start-Run-Type devmgmt.msc and click OK, expand your CD\DVD Drives,
right click on each drive and select uninstall). Now reboot and see if
they work any better.

Also, try reading through this:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321641

----