Unable to use DVD drive

I have two cd drives one CD-R and a DVD-R both worked fine
now when i put any cd or dvd in they both show a blank cd
and i have tryed with many different cds and nothing
changes..
But if i load WIN98 then i can use the drives and they both
work again, but not on XP anymore.. Does anyone have any
ideas??
1 answer Last reply
More about unable drive

    First, I would try removing both drives from Device Manager (Click
    Start-Run-Type devmgmt.msc and click OK, expand your CD\DVD Drives,
    right click on each drive and select uninstall). Now reboot and see if
    they work any better.

    Also, try reading through this:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321641

    ----
    Nathan McNulty

    paul wrote:
    > I have two cd drives one CD-R and a DVD-R both worked fine
    > now when i put any cd or dvd in they both show a blank cd
    > and i have tryed with many different cds and nothing
    > changes..
    > But if i load WIN98 then i can use the drives and they both
    > work again, but not on XP anymore.. Does anyone have any
    > ideas??

DVD Drives Microsoft CD-Rom Windows XP