hardware problem

in trying to set up a Sony digital camera I get the
message "There was a problem installing this hardware.
Sony PTP. An error occurred during the installation of the
device. The data is invalid.
I have used the same drivers on another computer running
Windows XP with no problem, but can't seem to overcome
this computer's problem. Any ideas??
1 answer Last reply
More about hardware problem

    "Howard Saunders" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > in trying to set up a Sony digital camera I get the
    > message "There was a problem installing this hardware.
    > Sony PTP. An error occurred during the installation of the
    > device. The data is invalid.
    > I have used the same drivers on another computer running
    > Windows XP with no problem, but can't seem to overcome
    > this computer's problem. Any ideas??

    Try reinstalling the drivers.
    https://registration.sonystyle-europe.com/DimeSupport/upload/CD300_howtoinstallPTPdriver.txt

Hardware Hardware Problem Windows XP