Len

I've got a Dell PIII PC with a couple of UBS1 ports built into it. I
installed an Adaptec 2000 USB2.0 card for my iPod. My PC won't recognize the
new card.

My PC shows several USB devices installed, but none seem to be the Adaptec:
2 NEC PCI to USB Open Host Controller
1 Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller
1 Intel(r) 82801BA/BAM USB Universal Host Controller - 2442
4 USB Root HUB

Have you tried connecting anything to it?

"Len" <Len@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've got a Dell PIII PC with a couple of UBS1 ports built into it. I
> installed an Adaptec 2000 USB2.0 card for my iPod. My PC won't recognize
the
> new card.
>
> My PC shows several USB devices installed, but none seem to be the
Adaptec:
> 2 NEC PCI to USB Open Host Controller
> 1 Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller
> 1 Intel(r) 82801BA/BAM USB Universal Host Controller - 2442
> 4 USB Root HUB

Len

I can't believe I didn't try that. I just connected one of my other USB
devices to the card and it connected. My iPod's still dead, so maybe the
cable or dock is bad. Thanks.

"Mike H" wrote:

> Have you tried connecting anything to it?
>

> "Len" <Len@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I've got a Dell PIII PC with a couple of UBS1 ports built into it. I
> > installed an Adaptec 2000 USB2.0 card for my iPod. My PC won't recognize
> the
> > new card.
> >
> > My PC shows several USB devices installed, but none seem to be the
> Adaptec:
> > 2 NEC PCI to USB Open Host Controller
> > 1 Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller
> > 1 Intel(r) 82801BA/BAM USB Universal Host Controller - 2442
> > 4 USB Root HUB

When you were looking for it in Device Manager, it is often refered to
as just a normal USB Hub or USB 2.0 Hub. Good luck with the iPod :)

----
Nathan McNulty