Device manager and USB 2.0

Is there an easy way to tell if a USB controller is USB
2.0?

I work with a product that requires USB 2, and many new
computers are not describing their controllers as USB 2 or
as USB Enhanced in Device Manager.

I am looking for a to always verify that it is USB 2
regardless of what words are used to describe the device
in Device Manager.

Thank you for any help you can provide.
1 answer Last reply
More about device manager

    One way would be to connect a known USB 2.0 device into the USB port.
    Windows will tell you when you have plugged a USB 2.0 device in a USB
    1.0/1.1 port. The only other way that I know of is to find the chipset
    and look it up.

    ----
    Nathan McNulty

    Jeffrey Thompson wrote:
    > Is there an easy way to tell if a USB controller is USB
    > 2.0?
    >
    > I work with a product that requires USB 2, and many new
    > computers are not describing their controllers as USB 2 or
    > as USB Enhanced in Device Manager.
    >
    > I am looking for a to always verify that it is USB 2
    > regardless of what words are used to describe the device
    > in Device Manager.
    >
    > Thank you for any help you can provide.

Device Manager USB Windows XP