Reducing USB bandwidth allocated by USB Composite device

Hello,

We are using six USB audio compsite devices each based on
TI PCM2904 stereo USB audio CODEC. Operating systems is
windows2000/XP and computer has USB1.1 controller. The
problem is that each device requests 15% of USB bandwidth
(device really uses 25% of requested bandwidth). Assuming
that system uses about 20% there are only 5 composite
devices enabled - last device doesnt work... :(

The question is: Is there any way to reduce USB composite
device requsted bandwidth?

Thank you in advance,
Sergey
2 answers Last reply
More about reducing bandwidth allocated composite device

    Use a powered hub to run your devices

    "Sergey" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > We are using six USB audio compsite devices each based on
    > TI PCM2904 stereo USB audio CODEC. Operating systems is
    > windows2000/XP and computer has USB1.1 controller. The
    > problem is that each device requests 15% of USB bandwidth
    > (device really uses 25% of requested bandwidth). Assuming
    > that system uses about 20% there are only 5 composite
    > devices enabled - last device doesnt work... :(
    >
    > The question is: Is there any way to reduce USB composite
    > device requsted bandwidth?
    >
    > Thank you in advance,
    > Sergey

    > "Sergey" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > We are using six USB audio compsite devices each based on
    > > TI PCM2904 stereo USB audio CODEC. Operating systems is
    > > windows2000/XP and computer has USB1.1 controller. The
    > > problem is that each device requests 15% of USB bandwidth
    > > (device really uses 25% of requested bandwidth). Assuming
    > > that system uses about 20% there are only 5 composite
    > > devices enabled - last device doesnt work... :(
    > >
    > > The question is: Is there any way to reduce USB composite
    > > device requsted bandwidth?
    > >
    > > Thank you in advance,
    > > Sergey

    This option, if it exists, will be in the device driver
    dialog for the device itself. I have an ATI USB
    capture box that has it.

    If it doesn't exist, or you can't find it,
    contact the manufacturer of the device.

Bandwidth USB Devices Windows XP