Reducing USB bandwidth allocated by USB Composite device

Sergey

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2004

Hello,

We are using six USB audio compsite devices each based on
TI PCM2904 stereo USB audio CODEC. Operating systems is
windows2000/XP and computer has USB1.1 controller. The
problem is that each device requests 15% of USB bandwidth
(device really uses 25% of requested bandwidth). Assuming
that system uses about 20% there are only 5 composite
devices enabled - last device doesnt work... :(

The question is: Is there any way to reduce USB composite
device requsted bandwidth?

Thank you in advance,
Sergey

Paul

Splendid

Use a powered hub to run your devices

"Sergey" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> We are using six USB audio compsite devices each based on
> TI PCM2904 stereo USB audio CODEC. Operating systems is
> windows2000/XP and computer has USB1.1 controller. The
> problem is that each device requests 15% of USB bandwidth
> (device really uses 25% of requested bandwidth). Assuming
> that system uses about 20% there are only 5 composite
> devices enabled - last device doesnt work... :(
>
> The question is: Is there any way to reduce USB composite
> device requsted bandwidth?
>
> Thank you in advance,
> Sergey

> "Sergey" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > We are using six USB audio compsite devices each based on
> > TI PCM2904 stereo USB audio CODEC. Operating systems is
> > windows2000/XP and computer has USB1.1 controller. The
> > problem is that each device requests 15% of USB bandwidth
> > (device really uses 25% of requested bandwidth). Assuming
> > that system uses about 20% there are only 5 composite
> > devices enabled - last device doesnt work... :(
> >
> > The question is: Is there any way to reduce USB composite
> > device requsted bandwidth?
> >
> > Thank you in advance,
> > Sergey

This option, if it exists, will be in the device driver
dialog for the device itself. I have an ATI USB
capture box that has it.

If it doesn't exist, or you can't find it,
contact the manufacturer of the device.