Voltage and temp issues

I have a new Asus A8V deluxe 939 running a 3500+ AMD64

My temperature is always 80C....at start up and after 10 hours...it does
not vary. The inside of the case feels cool to me, no heat
noticable....The cpu is properly plugged into the cpu fan slot...been
checked repeatedly.

Second problem is voltage issues...always is too high presently CPU
voltage is showing 1.475V. I got concerned and replaced a relatively
new power supply with a new unit. No change on the voltage, all are
running too high.

Any thoughts? Suggestions? Perhaps I am worrying over something that
is in the normal range. Could someone let me know please.

Oh yes, 1gig of ram, run cool 'n quiet, 1 case fan plus the cpu fan.

Thanks in advance to replies.

Bill Stinson

hitch

"Bill Stinson" wrote:
> I have a new Asus A8V deluxe 939 running a 3500+ AMD64
>
> My temperature is always 80C....at start up and after 10
> hours...it does
> not vary. The inside of the case feels cool to me, no heat
> noticable....The cpu is properly plugged into the cpu fan
> slot...been
> checked repeatedly.
>
> Second problem is voltage issues...always is too high
> presently CPU
> voltage is showing 1.475V. I got concerned and replaced a
> relatively
> new power supply with a new unit. No change on the voltage,
> all are
> running too high.
>
> Any thoughts? Suggestions? Perhaps I am worrying over
> something that
> is in the normal range. Could someone let me know please.
>
> Oh yes, 1gig of ram, run cool 'n quiet, 1 case fan plus the
> cpu fan.
>
> Thanks in advance to replies.
>
> Bill Stinson

I’ve got a new A8V Deluxe with Athlon 64 3400+

Installed ASUS PC Probe that came on the motherboard accompanying CD

It shows CPU temperature as jumping back and forth between 29C and 61C
all the time, although I’m doing nothing on the machine at the time

In addition, the system keeps rebooting itself several times and then
won’t start

Same thing, no heat noticeable. Keeps glitching even after I updated
BIOS.

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/ASUS-Voltage-temp-issues-ftopict49596.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=239242

"Bill Stinson" <junk@giantjackrabbit.com> wrote in message
> I have a new Asus A8V deluxe 939 running a 3500+ AMD64
>
> My temperature is always 80C....at start up and after 10 hours...it does
> not vary. The inside of the case feels cool to me, no heat
> noticable....The cpu is properly plugged into the cpu fan slot...been
> checked repeatedly.
>
> Second problem is voltage issues...always is too high presently CPU
> voltage is showing 1.475V. I got concerned and replaced a relatively
> new power supply with a new unit. No change on the voltage, all are
> running too high.
>
> Any thoughts? Suggestions? Perhaps I am worrying over something that
> is in the normal range. Could someone let me know please.
>
> Oh yes, 1gig of ram, run cool 'n quiet, 1 case fan plus the cpu fan.

What are the temps/voltages when you are looking at the relevant
BIOS screen? These are far more likely to be giving the correct
results than a software monitoring app (eg AsusProbe). That's
especially true if you have more than one monitoring app. installed
as they *will* interfere with each other due to limitations of the SMbus.
If the BIOS also says 80C and your system is stable, then maybe a
bad mobo.
HTH
--
Rob