JB

I have a Dell laptop. When it boots up I get the error:

The system could not be restarted from it's previous location due to a read
fault.

Delete rstoration data and proceed to system boot menu.

When I try to do this the system just beeps. I cannot do anything but
reboot. After a reboot I hit F2 for system setup. It goes to the BIOS, I
see the options but when I use the keyboard it beeps again.
I reboot again and hit F8 to try and boot from CD. It brings up the boot
menu but once again I cannot do anything and it beeps.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

That sounds like something you are going to need to contact Dell about.
There are many weird things that OEM's put on a computer that really
mess with a system and some of us have never seen. The unfortunate part
of Dell is that they have a major part of the technical support
over-seas in India where they can barely speak English and you can't
understand what the heck they are saying.

----
Nathan McNulty