hi. my pc has started to display only 16 colours. the
whole layout has also become larger and 'blocky' this
cannot be reversed, even after changing display settings
using the control panel. since this has occured, i can no
longer use my cd burner or view photgraphs. running
scandisk is alo useless as the computer just keeps
restarting the scan- help!!!

thanx

Sounds like your graphics drivers have been deleted or corrupted. To
make sure that it isn't just a setting, do this. Right click on the
desktop and click properties, now click on the Settings Tab, set the
screen resolution to 1024x768, set the color to at least 16bit, and
click Apply/OK. It may require you to restart the computer, but then
you have that setting after rebooting. If it does not allow you to
change the resolution, you need to install the proper graphics card drivers.

What video card do you have? If you do not know, get Everest Home from
www.lavalys.com and install that program and use it to find out. It
will even provide a link to the drivers for you. You can also post the
make and model of the video card in here and I'll find the drivers for
you ;)

----
Nathan McNulty