Angel

I have bought a hitatchi computer that had 128mb of P2100
DDR ram already installed.When i tried to install another
128mb of P2100 DDR ram it won`t install.Any suggestions ?

Hello

Time to pull that computer manual or go to the Mfg's website
and get the correct info on the pc. or all their T.Support

Alvin

angel wrote:

> I have bought a hitatchi computer that had 128mb of P2100
> DDR ram already installed.When i tried to install another
> 128mb of P2100 DDR ram it won`t install.Any suggestions ?

Hello

Time to pull that computer manual or go to the Mfg's website
and get the correct info on the pc. or all their T.Support, could
either be maybe a bad memory and even the brand.

Alvin

"angel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have bought a hitatchi computer that had 128mb of P2100
> DDR ram already installed.When i tried to install another
> 128mb of P2100 DDR ram it won`t install.Any suggestions ?

The new memory may be flaky. Did you take precautions
against electrostatic discharge? Try removing the original
128MB and running the new module by itself. If it "installs"
(I don't know quite what you mean here), Download
Memtest86+ from http://www.memtest.org and run it for
a few cycles to test the new module.

If the new module checks out OK, then it's probably
incompatible with your original module. You could
download the free Home Edition of Everest from
http://www.lavalys.com/products.php?lang=en
to find out: Run Everest, expand "Motherboard", and
click on "SPD".

-- Bob Day
http://bobday.vze.com