Add Hardware Doesn't Work

I am having problems installing the onboard sound on my mother board. I have
already installed the drivers but when go to the control panel and double
click on add hardware, add hardware doesn't open.

I have tried this when I am logged in as the administrator, and as a
differnet user with administrator rights.

I have double checked and the on board sound is enabled on the board and the
bios. I also know it is not a problem with the motherboard because I am
recieving sound when I using linux (I have the computer set up on a dual boot
situation with XP is the main boot).

System is
Windows XP Pro
Motherboard, AT7-MAX2 (VIA KT400)

You installed these drivers?
http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=403

Also, it shouldn't have to be added through Add/Remove Programs if you
installed the VIA Software. The onboard audio device should have been
automatically installed. Check under Device Manager (Click
start-run-Type devmgmt.msc and click OK).

----
Nathan McNulty