Blinking power light

System seems to run fine.Do not know when this started happening.I noticed
it yesterday and made sure the light connections were secure to the
motherbaord.
Asus A7N8-DLX vers 104
Antec 350 power supply
Running XP Home SP2
1gb Corsair 3500 ram
Generic case (don't know name brand but it had an Enermax 300W p/s
Any help would be appreciated.Just for my peace of mind.
Thanks

I don't know why but you have to turn it off on back of system to reset it.

Nick

"Michael Grey" <greyt@comcast.net> wrote in message
> System seems to run fine.Do not know when this started happening.I noticed
> it yesterday and made sure the light connections were secure to the
> motherbaord.
> Asus A7N8-DLX vers 104
> Antec 350 power supply
> Running XP Home SP2
> 1gb Corsair 3500 ram
> Generic case (don't know name brand but it had an Enermax 300W p/s
> Any help would be appreciated.Just for my peace of mind.
> Thanks

Nick thanks for the response.
It continues to blink even after a reset.
It is confusing,never ran into this before.

"Nick Zvaleko" <dunwich@optonline.net> wrote in message
>I don't know why but you have to turn it off on back of system to reset it.
>
> Nick
>
> "Michael Grey" <greyt@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> System seems to run fine.Do not know when this started happening.I
>> noticed
>> it yesterday and made sure the light connections were secure to the
>> motherbaord.
>> Asus A7N8-DLX vers 104
>> Antec 350 power supply
>> Running XP Home SP2
>> 1gb Corsair 3500 ram
>> Generic case (don't know name brand but it had an Enermax 300W p/s
>> Any help would be appreciated.Just for my peace of mind.
>> Thanks

Sam

Sometime on, or about Wed, 2 Mar 2005 08:27:28 -0500, Michael Grey wrote:

> Nick thanks for the response.
> It continues to blink even after a reset.
> It is confusing,never ran into this before.
>
> "Nick Zvaleko" <dunwich@optonline.net> wrote in message
>>I don't know why but you have to turn it off on back of system to reset it.
>>
>> Nick
>>
>> "Michael Grey" <greyt@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>> System seems to run fine.Do not know when this started happening.I
>>> noticed
>>> it yesterday and made sure the light connections were secure to the
>>> motherbaord.
>>> Asus A7N8-DLX vers 104
>>> Antec 350 power supply
>>> Running XP Home SP2
>>> 1gb Corsair 3500 ram
>>> Generic case (don't know name brand but it had an Enermax 300W p/s
>>> Any help would be appreciated.Just for my peace of mind.
>>> Thanks

I think this has to do with the "standby" option. Did you ever use it with
XP? I had that happen once, it was a real pain to get it to stop. I think
that the only way to do it was to re-set the CMOS. Not sure though, since
this was about a year ago that it happened.

Sam
--
To mail me, please get rid of the BS first

Sam,
Thanks for your suggestion.
I do not recall the stand by option being used.
I am dual booting and it happens in my other OS also.
Do you think that it could still be a CMOS issue?
Any reply appreciated.

Sometime on, or about Wed, 2 Mar 2005 20:38:34 -0500, Michael Grey wrote:

> Sam,
> Thanks for your suggestion.
> I do not recall the stand by option being used.
> I am dual booting and it happens in my other OS also.
> Do you think that it could still be a CMOS issue?
> Any reply appreciated.

I don't know, but resetting the CMOS certainly couldn't hurt. Pull the
power plug, then pull the battery and finally move the reset jumper for
about 10 seconds. Move it back to it's original position and reinstall the
battery and the power plug. Then go into the BIOS to change any settings
you may have customized.

Sam
--
To mail me, please get rid of the BS first