Sign in with
Your question

How to install office 2007 ultimate Win32 on Windows 7 32-bit

Last response: in Windows 7
January 26, 2011 4:39:34 PM

I have Windows 7 installed (32 bit) and am ready to unistall Office 2003 and install Office 2007 Ultimate Win 32. What do I need to do to prevent any problems?
January 26, 2011 5:17:30 PM

You just need to uninstall Office 2003 correctly by going to Control Panel - Programs - Programs and Features then right click on Office 2003 and select uninstall. When that is finished just put your 2007 disk into your computer and follow the instructions on your screen.

Answered by, JoshWS
m
l
January 26, 2011 5:47:14 PM

JoshWS said:
You just need to uninstall Office 2003 correctly by going to Control Panel - Programs - Programs and Features then right click on Office 2003 and select uninstall. When that is finished just put your 2007 disk into your computer and follow the instructions on your screen.

Answered by, JoshWS

I so wish it was goign to be that easy - as what you described is the way it's supposed to work of course. All the Forums are full of horror stories of incompatible this, that and the other thing so before I took off the shrink wrap I wanted to see what people who'd tried it have found will happen.

Did you do this install and it worked smoothly?

In the future we might want to run Win 7 as 64-bit and since COA on the box says it's for Win 32 that seems that could be a problem (future) too. Any ideas I'd love to hear.
m
l
!