[Mobo K8V SE Deluxe] Which drivers (Asus or VIAarena)?

Hi,

I updated my mobo Asus K8V SE Deluxe's BIOS to last version (1005).

Now, I need to reinstall Windows and so reinstall drivers for the mobo.

The Asus download web site has some drivers (e.g. VIA) older than the
corresponding drivers found at VIA site (www.viaarena.com).

My question is: do you think it's better to download latest drivers from
VIA, or it's better to use (older) drivers found on Asus download site?

I thought that maybe the older drivers at Asus' are more stable than the
new driver at VIA site, but I'm absolutely *not* sure about this.
(I do prefer stability over performance.)

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Hi, best to use the latest from Via.....
ChrisC
"Danguard" <danguard_robot@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I updated my mobo Asus K8V SE Deluxe's BIOS to last version (1005).
>
> Now, I need to reinstall Windows and so reinstall drivers for the mobo.
>
> The Asus download web site has some drivers (e.g. VIA) older than the
> corresponding drivers found at VIA site (www.viaarena.com).
>
> My question is: do you think it's better to download latest drivers from
> VIA, or it's better to use (older) drivers found on Asus download site?
>
> I thought that maybe the older drivers at Asus' are more stable than the
> new driver at VIA site, but I'm absolutely *not* sure about this.
> (I do prefer stability over performance.)
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Dan

Do I assume using 4in1 driver?

--
"The eyeless ant asked God, 'Give me eye-lashes.'" --Georgian Proverb
/\___/\
| |o o| | Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net
( )

TRENDING THREADS