Parallel port mode

How can I find the mode (ECP, EPP, Etc) that my parallel
port is running in? If it is ECP or EPP I would like to
slow it down to say bi-directional, normal, parallel or
SPP mode so my Brother HL645 printer can keep up with it.
Otherwise the first page isusually garbage.

In the bios - on boot your machine with say press <key>
for setup, press that key - usally del. The actually
option will depend on what bios you have.