HELP? A8n-sli deluxe and WD Sata cavier

Slightly addled that noone has been to help, although I am starting to
enjoy simply writing to myself on this forum I suppose. I am
considering stripping the board again and starting from scratch once
again, although what a dissappointment that is.

All help or suggestions will still be welcomed and appreciated…

--
primedrctv
3 answers Last reply

    In article <primedrctv.1lacjo@news.computerbanter.com>,
    primedrctv.1lacjo@news.computerbanter.com says...

    > Slightly addled that noone has been to help, although I am starting to
    > enjoy simply writing to myself on this forum I suppose. I am
    > considering stripping the board again and starting from scratch once
    > again, although what a dissappointment that is.
    >
    > All help or suggestions will still be welcomed and appreciated?

    It's entirely possible that no one has an answer for you. Since you
    failed to restate your problem your chances of help are even less.

    It's good to see you're enjoying yourself though.

    Bill

    On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 15:07:03 -0800, Bill
    I am running 3 SATA drives in my system.
    I have a 250gig Western Digital
    a 250 gig Maxtor
    and a 200 gig Seagate.
    Originally I had the 2 250gig drives setup as a RAID on the Nvidia
    controller in stripe mode and it worked without a problem. Threw in
    the Seagate, hooked it up as the 3rd SATA drive on the Nvidia
    controller, also worked like a charm. Over the weekend I was bored,
    so killed the RAID drive and setup up the 2 250 gigs as single drives.
    Took a bit of doing to get them back to blank factory setting but got
    it done. Setup Win XP pro SP2. Did not add any drivers during the
    install and went without a problem. After install, did all my drivers,
    the latest Nvidia chipset drivers. I did not install the Nvidia audio
    drivers, nor the firewall. I find that the Nvidia sound srivers from
    the latest release have a few problems so I installed the Asus
    drivers. I had to install the Nvidia RAID driver, came up as unknown
    device in device manager. My computer is running great with all three
    drives humming away. I did however turn off the Sil RAID controller in
    bios. My config:

    A8N-SLI delux
    AMD 3500+
    2x512meg Corsair ram
    MSI NX6600GT video card
    LG GSA 4040B DVD drive
    Pioneer DVR 108 DVD drive
    1x western digital 250gig SATA (single) NRAID
    1x maxtor 250gig SATA (single) NRAID
    1x Seagate 200 gig SATA (single) NRAID
    Thermaltake 480 Watt power supply
    Thermaltake K8 CPU cooler.

    primedrctv wrote:
    > Slightly addled that noone has been to help, although I am starting to
    > enjoy simply writing to myself on this forum I suppose. I am
    > considering stripping the board again and starting from scratch once
    > again, although what a dissappointment that is.
    >
    > All help or suggestions will still be welcomed and appreciated…

    Tried bios 1005.005 yet?

Asus Western Digital SLI SATA Motherboards