Code 19 Incomplete or damaged registry

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its
configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete
or damaged. (Code 19). This is the error msg I get and my
DVD drive can not be used. Can someone tell me how to
repair this problem? Please, thank you, EL
2 answers Last reply
More about code incomplete damaged registry

    EL, take a look here
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;;Q314060

    "EL" <EdenaLouise@aol.com> wrote in message
    > Windows cannot start this hardware device because its
    > configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete
    > or damaged. (Code 19). This is the error msg I get and my
    > DVD drive can not be used. Can someone tell me how to
    > repair this problem? Please, thank you, EL

    Goto http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.php#problems
    See the second "problem" (read the caveats)
    Run the provided registry patch

    That should fix your problem (basically, a filter driver is missing or
    non-operational, the registry patch will delete the filter drivers
    references for your cdrom(s))

    Basically, the reg file from above carries out the steps displayed at this
    website

    CD-ROM Drive or DVD-ROM Drive Missing After You Install Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320553

    CD-ROM Access Is Missing and Messages Cite Error Code 31, Code 32, Code 19,
    or Code 39 After You Remove Easy CD Creator in Windows XP

    (It'll fix code 41 errors too as per the contents of the last kb article)

    --
    Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

    Find out about the MS MVP Program -

    "EL" <EdenaLouise@aol.com> wrote in message
    > Windows cannot start this hardware device because its
    > configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete
    > or damaged. (Code 19). This is the error msg I get and my
    > DVD drive can not be used. Can someone tell me how to
    > repair this problem? Please, thank you, EL

Hardware Registry Windows XP