That's a nice SLR style looking camera :)

Anyways, XP should automatically set it up as a Removeable Disk in My
Computer and there shouldn't be any drivers required. Do you have your
USB drivers up to date? What exactly happens when you plug it in? Does
it recognize something is plugged in, but just doesn't know what it is?

----
Nathan McNulty

Tony wrote:
> xp will not recognize my sony dsc-s75 when i plug it in
> can any one help me?

norm

Friends of mine that have a Sony do not see their camera in Windows
Explorer. I believe they are just like Canons and require the software
application that comes with them in order to download the pictures to the
computer. Unlike my Olympus that just shows up as another disk drive and I
can drag and drop the pictures and delete them just like files in any other
folder.

"Norm" <spam@nospam.com> wrote

> Friends of mine that have a Sony do not see their camera
> in Windows
> Explorer. I believe they are just like Canons and require
> the software
> application that comes with them in order to download the
> pictures to the
> computer. Unlike my Olympus that just shows up as another
> disk drive and I
> can drag and drop the pictures and delete them just like
> files in any other
> folder.

I'm having fun doing exactly that with my new Sony DSC F717
still camera. I installed no drivers and am using it on a
USB hub along with a Pockey 60 gig drive to boot. The camera
shows up as H: and I can manipulate the files on it with
WinExplorer, Total (formerly known as Windows) Commander,
and Irfan View.

With the camera turned off, I attach the camera end of the
USB cable to it. (The other end is permanently set in the
hub.) When I turn the camera on, WinXP sees it as a new
drive.

--
Bob
Kanyak's Doghouse