MB upgrade question

Would going from an A7N8X deluxe(NForce 2) 1.06 MB to a 2.0 improve any
bottleknecks (i.e. artificial benchmarks) I may have or should I move to the
next generation MB such as NForce 3?

Nick

"Nick Zvaleko" <dunwich@optonline.net> wrote in message
> Would going from an A7N8X deluxe(NForce 2) 1.06 MB to a 2.0 improve any
> bottleknecks (i.e. artificial benchmarks) I may have or should I move to
the
> next generation MB such as NForce 3?
>
> Nick

Wait to go to the next generation of boards..

Ed

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 05:31:53 -0500, "Nick Zvaleko"
<dunwich@optonline.net> wrote:

>Would going from an A7N8X deluxe(NForce 2) 1.06 MB to a 2.0 improve any
>bottleknecks (i.e. artificial benchmarks) I may have or should I move to the
>next generation MB such as NForce 3?
>
>Nick

Well seeing how even the v1.04 board supports the fastest and very last
Socket-A CPU AMD will ever release (3200+ 400 FSB) I don't see what the
diff would be.

Good Luck,
Ed
--
A7N8X/Barton 2800+ @ 2335
NF3-250/s754 3200+ @ 2400

Nick Zvaleko wrote:
> Would going from an A7N8X deluxe(NForce 2) 1.06 MB to a 2.0 improve
> any bottleknecks (i.e. artificial benchmarks) I may have or should I
> move to the next generation MB such as NForce 3?

There's very little point in going from a 1.06 to a 2.0 unless you can do it
free.

The 2.0 boards will run to 225-230MHz FSB, if the rest of the components are
up to it, the 1.06 usually does just under 200, at about 195MHz.

If you're gonna spend money on a new motherboard, go for a newer generation
of nForce, although you do lose SoundStorm.

Ben

Nick,
Greetings and hallucinations from just north of Fantasy Land (Washington,
DC)!
Save your money for a big improvement; this is not a big improvement. I got
mine upgraded for free, but that was because the first one was a klunker.
There is not a lot of difference between the versions. I am still happy with
this since they quickly delivered a working model that was slightly better.
I am not going to upgrade any time soon.
Peace,
Paul
"Nick Zvaleko" <dunwich@optonline.net> wrote in message
> Would going from an A7N8X deluxe(NForce 2) 1.06 MB to a 2.0 improve any
> bottleknecks (i.e. artificial benchmarks) I may have or should I move to
> the
> next generation MB such as NForce 3?
>
> Nick

TRENDING THREADS