Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

I installed XP SP2 last night and all went well until I
tried to use my AMR modem (PCCHIPS 810DLU 7.5a MB modem).
It was gone. Add new hardware does not find it. Any
ideas?

giga

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2004

I had a similar problem when upgrading from ME to XP - I had to revert back
for a week before I bought a new modem. It was a Conexant internal modem, and
I found some "dodgy" drivers that allowed it to half work (it wouldn't turn
the speaker off once connected and was unreliable) but I decided not to
bother and just got the new one. Let's just hope someone makes new drivers
for your modem.