P4C800 E Deluxe and overclock (AI Booster)

All,

I downloaded the AI Booster utility from asus website and tried to overclock
my system:

- Pentium 3.2 ghz
- 1019 bios
- 1 GB memory (2x512 K PC 3200)
- 250 GB SATA drive

With this I can only overclock upto 10 % (in performance mode). When I try
15 % or more the system locks badly. Can thi sbe due to my power supply?.
Any other thoughts?.

Thanks,

GR

Paul

Splendid

In article <U0SVd.37923$7z6.13976@lakeread04>, "GRNews" <grnews@cox.net> wrote:

> All,
>
> I downloaded the AI Booster utility from asus website and tried to overclock
> my system:
>
> - Pentium 3.2 ghz
> - 1019 bios
> - 1 GB memory (2x512 K PC 3200)
> - 250 GB SATA drive
>
> With this I can only overclock upto 10 % (in performance mode). When I try
> 15 % or more the system locks badly. Can thi sbe due to my power supply?.
> Any other thoughts?.
>
> Thanks,
>
> GR

The best overclocks come from manual adjustment. Neither the BIOS
"lazy man's overclocking" options, nor AI Booster, can match
careful manual adjustment via the BIOS. If you are serious about
your overclocking, learn about the BIOS settings, and work from
there.

For example, when you use the BIOS overclocking option, the BIOS
sets the memory to DDR320. A person experienced in overclocking
would easily be able to run the memory at DDR400, under a number
of different conditions, and so that person would beat the
performance of the BIOS inspired overclock with ease.

If you visit the forums of Abxzone.com, for example, you can
read about people who spend all their spare time overclocking.
While you may end up reading thousands of posts (I have), you'll
get a much better feel for what is possible. For example, if
you can find a certain model of mobile Pentium 4 processor, it
is possible to run the P4C800-E at FSB1200. I doubt any of your
automatic tools would manage that.

HTH,
Paul

Vic

You are lucky since the AI Booster Utility ,wasn't
created for use with the P4C800 E Deluxe.
Vic

"GRNews" <grnews@cox.net> wrote in message
> All,
>
> I downloaded the AI Booster utility from asus website and tried to
> overclock my system:
>
> - Pentium 3.2 ghz
> - 1019 bios
> - 1 GB memory (2x512 K PC 3200)
> - 250 GB SATA drive
>
> With this I can only overclock upto 10 % (in performance mode). When I try
> 15 % or more the system locks badly. Can thi sbe due to my power supply?.
> Any other thoughts?.
>
> Thanks,
>
> GR

Thanks for the info.