Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

The Found New Hardware dialog box appears every time I
boot up my computer. I've used my usb key on the computer
and have safely removed it every time. Still this dialog
box appears and there's no new hardware. Any suggestions
on how to get this to go away?

Do you have a USB Printer? If so, check this out:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;298370

If not, try a similar method to what was stated there, except do this:

First, remove the Key Drive and then continue.

Open Regedit (click start-run-type regedit and click OK). Now navigate
here and look for the folder that contains the information about your
USB Key Drive:

HKLM-System-CCS-Enum-USB

Check in each folder and delete the Vid_Xxxx folder that has your USB
Key Drive inside it (you will know by the descriptions). Now reboot and
put the key drive back in. It will recognize it, install it, and then
you shouldn't see it again. Try rebooting and see if the problem still
exists ;)

----
Nathan McNulty