SATA drivers

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

Hello, All!

I have an A7V8X mb. I am considering 2 Hitachi 80gb sata drives to set up as
raid0. To install these drives and run them as raid0, where does one find
the drivers (F6 on installing XP) for the raid configuration? Thanks.

Thanks.

Colonel Blip.
E-mail: colonel.blip@removethespambigfoot.com

"Colonel Blip" <colonel.blip@removethespambigfoot.com> wrote in message
> Hello, All!
>
> I have an A7V8X mb. I am considering 2 Hitachi 80gb sata drives to set up
as
> raid0. To install these drives and run them as raid0, where does one find
> the drivers (F6 on installing XP) for the raid configuration? Thanks.

They're on the motherboard CD - you'll need to copy them to a floppy
though.
HTH
--
Rob

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

The RAID driver is on the motherboard installation CD.

--
DaveW

> Hello, All!
>
> I have an A7V8X mb. I am considering 2 Hitachi 80gb sata drives to set up
> as
> raid0. To install these drives and run them as raid0, where does one find
> the drivers (F6 on installing XP) for the raid configuration? Thanks.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Colonel Blip.
> E-mail: colonel.blip@removethespambigfoot.com

> News==----
> Newsgroups
> =----

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

Fond this to help me when i was installing my WD Raptor on the same mobo as
you have A7V8X

This is for the Promise SATA controller and Win2/K/XP:
1. Copy the contents of \Drivers\Promise on the ASUS CD to a floppy. The
file 'txtsetup.oem' must be in the root dir of the floppy drive. You don't
need the Win98 or WinME directories. (The Promise SATA drivers I downloaded
from ASUS' website appear to be the wrong driver
2. Go into the 'MBFastTrak376' BIOS setup and config as 1+0 Stripe, even if
there's only one drive. (This step does not appear to be optional, as I've
tried it without and Win2K Setup bluescreens without it, shortly after
Note: My instance of the A7V8X does not have a jumper to enable SATA.
3. Boot from the Windows 2K or XP CD and press F6 when prompted to load OEM
HDD drivers. You will shortly get an option ("S" to load OEM hard disk
drivers from Drive A:, and then a list of what it finds there. Read
carefully and choose the appropriate driver set for your OS.
4. Let Windows partition and format the drive. The formatting will take a
while.
4a. Alternatively, you can boot from the HD mfr's utility diskette
(MaxBlast, in the case of Maxtor) and use it partition the drive. This may
be a better option if you prefer multiple partitions (as I do). I let Win2K
do it and used Partition Magic after the fact.
5. Let Windows Setup proceed as normally. The Promise controller will show
as a SCSI device in Device Mangler.
"Colonel Blip" <colonel.blip@removethespambigfoot.com> skrev i meddelandet
> Hello, All!
>
> I have an A7V8X mb. I am considering 2 Hitachi 80gb sata drives to set up
as
> raid0. To install these drives and run them as raid0, where does one find
> the drivers (F6 on installing XP) for the raid configuration? Thanks.

It worked for me .
mc@sweden

> Thanks.
>
> Colonel Blip.