wireless-router with 8 ports

Last response: in Wireless Networking
January 22, 2005 3:45:40 PM

hi
wireless-router with 8 ports
who knows a make ??
--
Gottfried D. Mentil
PIELACHTALER WEB-DESIGN (p.w.d.)
3213 Frankenfels
webmaster@voralpen-chapter-austria.com
http://www.denken-hilft.com/
http://www.pielachtal.com/
A1 - 548 72 33 - von 12 bis 22 uhr
H-D VIN: 1HD1FCW192Y639162

* Der Austausch von Nachrichten mit o.a. Absender via e-mail *
* dient ausschliesslich Informationszwecken. Rechtsgeschaeftliche *
* Erklaerungen werden ueber dieses Medium nicht ausgetauscht. *
* Correspondence with a.m. sender via e-mail is only for information *
* purposes. This medium is not used for the exchange of *
* legally-binding communications. *

More about : wireless router ports

January 22, 2005 3:45:41 PM

if you are wireless why do you need any ports? as an alternative, use a
wired 8 port router and add a wireless access point.

"Gottfried Mentil" <gottfried@mentil.at> wrote in message
> hi
> wireless-router with 8 ports
> who knows a make ??
> --
> Gottfried D. Mentil
> PIELACHTALER WEB-DESIGN (p.w.d.)
> 3213 Frankenfels
> webmaster@voralpen-chapter-austria.com
> http://www.denken-hilft.com/
> http://www.pielachtal.com/
> A1 - 548 72 33 - von 12 bis 22 uhr
> H-D VIN: 1HD1FCW192Y639162

> * Der Austausch von Nachrichten mit o.a. Absender via e-mail *
> * dient ausschliesslich Informationszwecken. Rechtsgeschaeftliche *
> * Erklaerungen werden ueber dieses Medium nicht ausgetauscht. *
> * Correspondence with a.m. sender via e-mail is only for information *
> * purposes. This medium is not used for the exchange of *
> * legally-binding communications. *

January 22, 2005 5:08:45 PM

Hi

The selection of 8 ports Wireless Cable/DSL Router is very very small and
inflexible.

The only difference between 4port to 8 port is the additional 4 ports on the
switch. A 4 port switch might cost (in the USA) $10. Yet an 8 ports Wireless
Router cost $50 more then the 4 ports. I.e. you pay $50 for a 4 port switch.
As strange as it might sound a lot of people when they need more ports
actually use an old Router (bypassing the WAN port). Many people switched
to Wireless and they end up with an old working wired Router.

However try Linksys.com or and D-Link.com you might find something there.
Jack (MVP-Networking).