P4P 800-E Deluxe IDE arrangement

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
March 5, 2005 12:24:05 PM

Hello all,
I have 2 hard drives and one cr/rw and 1 dvd/rw. I currently have the 2
hard drives as primary master and primary slave and the two cd's as
sencondary master and slave. I was never quite sure if this is the most
efficient setup. Is there a preference as to the order these should be
connected? ie. 1 hard disc and one cd on primary and same on secondary.
Thanks for any input
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
March 6, 2005 11:42:23 AM

That is a perfectly fine setup.

"Tiny Lund" <luxuryman2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello all,
> I have 2 hard drives and one cr/rw and 1 dvd/rw. I currently have the
> 2 hard drives as primary master and primary slave and the two cd's as
> sencondary master and slave. I was never quite sure if this is the most
> efficient setup. Is there a preference as to the order these should be
> connected? ie. 1 hard disc and one cd on primary and same on secondary.
> Thanks for any input

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
March 7, 2005 6:52:52 AM

yup, sounds great.
the only note I would add is if you want to copy disk to disk, you
would want to go "across the bridge" not "across the channel"
but I wouldn't recomend that anyway's...hard drive to disk across the
bridge will always give you a more reliable burn and probably a better
reader friendly copy...

ñíñjà¤têç

-----END-PGP-SIGNATURE-----

!