exist there a means of playing without CD, legally ?

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

exist there a means of playing without CD, legally?
thanks

Jonathan

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

Get Alcohol 120%, rip an iso of the CD to your hard drive, then mount
it. Your real drives are empty and you are still able to play.

Laurent de Toulon wrote:
> exist there a means of playing without CD, legally?
> thanks

somebody

"Jonathan" <j-hanson@NOSPAMse.rr.com> wrote in message
> Get Alcohol 120%, rip an iso of the CD to your hard drive, then mount
> it. Your real drives are empty and you are still able to play.
>
> Laurent de Toulon wrote:
> > exist there a means of playing without CD, legally?
> > thanks

There are nocd patches available for HALO if you look around. They have no
effect on you license status, you still need a legitimate license key to
play online.

The Alcohol 120% solution is a bit more elegant and works for other software
too. But it's not a free peice of software, costs like $40 or something
reasonable.

-Russ.

Jonathan

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

No, it's free to use, it just pops up a nag screen every time you
start the program, if I remember correctly.

Somebody wrote:
> "Jonathan" <j-hanson@NOSPAMse.rr.com> wrote in message
>
>>Get Alcohol 120%, rip an iso of the CD to your hard drive, then mount
>>it. Your real drives are empty and you are still able to play.
>>
>>Laurent de Toulon wrote:
>>
>>>exist there a means of playing without CD, legally?
>>>thanks
>

> There are nocd patches available for HALO if you look around. They have no
> effect on you license status, you still need a legitimate license key to
> play online.
>
> The Alcohol 120% solution is a bit more elegant and works for other software
> too. But it's not a free peice of software, costs like $40 or something
> reasonable.
>
> -Russ.

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

There isn't a nocd patch available for the latest version of Halo.

"Somebody" <somebody@nospam.russdoucet.com> wrote in message

> "Jonathan" <j-hanson@NOSPAMse.rr.com> wrote in message
> > Get Alcohol 120%, rip an iso of the CD to your hard drive, then mount
> > it. Your real drives are empty and you are still able to play.
> >
> > Laurent de Toulon wrote:
> > > exist there a means of playing without CD, legally?
> > > thanks
>
> There are nocd patches available for HALO if you look around. They have
no
> effect on you license status, you still need a legitimate license key to
> play online.
>
> The Alcohol 120% solution is a bit more elegant and works for other
software
> too. But it's not a free peice of software, costs like $40 or something
> reasonable.
>
> -Russ.

somebody

"kqw" <NOSPAM@NOSPAM.COM> wrote in message
> There isn't a nocd patch available for the latest version of Halo.

That's because most people have moved to HaloCE. For the custom maps,
including two from Halo2.

It's a free add-on to HaloPC and there exists a nocd patch. Why haven't you
upgraded?

-Russ.

may

> "kqw" <NOSPAM@NOSPAM.COM> wrote in message
> > There isn't a nocd patch available for the latest version of Halo.
>
> That's because most people have moved to HaloCE. For the custom maps,
> including two from Halo2.
>
> It's a free add-on to HaloPC and there exists a nocd patch. Why haven't
you
> upgraded?
>
> -Russ.

I didn't know it was very popular. The All Seeing Eye shows 4 times as many
servers using the 1.05 version as using the CE version. But I might give it
a try.

somebody

"May" <nospam@no.spam.com> wrote in message

> "Somebody" <somebody@nospam.russdoucet.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "kqw" <NOSPAM@NOSPAM.COM> wrote in message
> > > There isn't a nocd patch available for the latest version of Halo.
> >
> > That's because most people have moved to HaloCE. For the custom maps,
> > including two from Halo2.
> >
> > It's a free add-on to HaloPC and there exists a nocd patch. Why haven't
> you
> > upgraded?
> >
> > -Russ.
> >

> I didn't know it was very popular. The All Seeing Eye shows 4 times as
many
> servers using the 1.05 version as using the CE version. But I might give
it
> a try.

There are hundreds of maps in CE including New Mombassa and Zanzibar from
Halo 2. Plus custom weapons and vehicles. Halo PC is pale by comparison.

Who cares how many other servers are out there, when the one you're on
rocks? Let them keep playing Blood Gulch all day long.

-Russ.