P5AD2 Premium , equiped with EAX600XT

Hello

Can anyone help me with that combination ???.
Both are ASUS but dont play together ... . The MB is equiped with Intel 3
Ghz and 1 Gb , under XP Pro SP2.
The graphics card goes to VPU recovery " too many times " ... , and slows
down or let the puter crash .
Can someone advise me the basic settings of the MB Bios setting ( other than
the standard settings ... ) or some other ( ? ) drivers I need ?
Thanks again

Roland

Paul

Splendid

In article <422afb3d$0$44106$5fc3050@dreader2.news.tiscali.nl>, "Roland"
<roland.mouton@village.uunet.be> wrote:

> Hello
>
> Can anyone help me with that combination ???.
> Both are ASUS but dont play together ... . The MB is equiped with Intel 3
> Ghz and 1 Gb , under XP Pro SP2.
> The graphics card goes to VPU recovery " too many times " ... , and slows
> down or let the puter crash .
> Can someone advise me the basic settings of the MB Bios setting ( other than
> the standard settings ... ) or some other ( ? ) drivers I need ?
> Thanks again
>
> Roland

What is the brand name and model number of the power supply ?
Maybe the power is not sufficient ?

The computer should work with standard settings.

Paul

Paul wrote:
> In article <422afb3d$0$44106$5fc3050@dreader2.news.tiscali.nl>,
> "Roland" <roland.mouton@village.uunet.be> wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> Can anyone help me with that combination ???.
>> Both are ASUS but dont play together ... . The MB is equiped with
>> Intel 3 Ghz and 1 Gb , under XP Pro SP2.
>> The graphics card goes to VPU recovery " too many times " ... ,
>> and slows down or let the puter crash .
>> Can someone advise me the basic settings of the MB Bios setting (
>> other than the standard settings ... ) or some other ( ? ) drivers
>> I need ?
>> Thanks again
>>
>> Roland
>
> What is the brand name and model number of the power supply ?
> Maybe the power is not sufficient ?
>
> The computer should work with standard settings.

Had same problem with a MSI X600XT. Got the card changed into another MSI
X600XT and got the same errors on this one. Changed card again, this time to
a Nvidia card and problem solved. There have been some reports that the
X600XT don't work well on the P5AD2 MBs.

--
Med hilsen / Best regards
Kurt Heggelund

Hello Kurt and Paul

Thanks

I can say to Paul that my supply is a 450 Watt SilentMaxx and the Probe dont
see any variation on the voltages .
Kurt , can You say to me the exact brand ( version , type ) of Your new
Nvidia . I think those guys of ATI AE600XT have still a lot of work to do on
the Catalyst 5.2 !!

Thanks again

Roland

"Kurt Heggelund" <kurthe@netcom_TAKE_AWAY_THIS_.no.invalid> schreef in
bericht news:vKLWd.942$ddd.181495296@news.telia.no...

Roland wrote:
> Hello Kurt and Paul
>
> Thanks
>
> I can say to Paul that my supply is a 450 Watt SilentMaxx and the
> Probe dont see any variation on the voltages .
> Kurt , can You say to me the exact brand ( version , type ) of Your
> new Nvidia . I think those guys of ATI AE600XT have still a lot of
> work to do on the Catalyst 5.2 !!

Sure Roland.
I got an Asus 6600 GT. A friend of me got a MSI 6600 for his P5AD2 and he
don't have any probs either.

--
Med hilsen / Best regards
Kurt Heggelund

If the AI Overclocking and the Performance mode is anything other than
"Standard". Try setting it both to standard.

If they are on standard already, then I dunno, maybe something's
overheating?

Kurt

Thanks a lot for advising me some days ago !!! .
I bought the XFX 6600 Nvidia ( the GT was not available ) .Everyting is
for a 100% now , once the 71.xx version was installed.
I had too many blurs on the monitor in Studio9 and on the screen of mine
TV- Leadtek , it was not ok neither before using the 71.xx version.
So ; every is perfekt now and no more crashes or damn VPU recovery with the
aex600xt of ASIS ( powered by ATI ) !!! The ATI- people still has a lot of
work to go .... .

bericht news:jR_Wd.954$ddd.181380608@news.telia.no...