P5AD2-E Premium which controller to use with a single sata..

mads

Hi

i'm a little confused with all the controllers on this board...

I bought a spankin new 300 gig maxtor sata disk, but i'm not sure which
controller to use for best performance...

I only have this single disk now, so no raid for me...

Also, windows xp is reporting it to be running in udma mode 5, while the
bios finds the disk to be udma 6.

well, can anyone help me out?

kind regards,

Mads

I think you must have it in the right place,since its working. I believe the
ICH6R controller is native and you don't have to install drivers before it
will recognize the drive
"Mads" <x@x.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> i'm a little confused with all the controllers on this board...
>
> I bought a spankin new 300 gig maxtor sata disk, but i'm not sure which
> controller to use for best performance...
>
> I only have this single disk now, so no raid for me...
>
> Also, windows xp is reporting it to be running in udma mode 5, while the
> bios finds the disk to be udma 6.
>
> well, can anyone help me out?
>
> kind regards,
>
> Mads

mads

well yes ok... thanks for the quick reply... but actually I was wondering
about if it would be better to use one of the other controllers... plus the
fact that xp reports another ultra dma mode than my bios...

/mads

"RBM" <rmottola1(remove this)@optonline.net> wrote in message
>I think you must have it in the right place,since its working. I believe
>the ICH6R controller is native and you don't have to install drivers before
>it will recognize the drive
> "Mads" <x@x.com> wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> i'm a little confused with all the controllers on this board...
>>
>> I bought a spankin new 300 gig maxtor sata disk, but i'm not sure which
>> controller to use for best performance...
>>
>> I only have this single disk now, so no raid for me...
>>
>> Also, windows xp is reporting it to be running in udma mode 5, while the
>> bios finds the disk to be udma 6.
>>
>> well, can anyone help me out?
>>
>> kind regards,
>>
>> Mads