Monitor and Screen Setting different

Hi

I hope this is the right group so apoligies if not,

My laptop for some reason has began playing up on me. I
turned it on yesterday and for some reason the monitor
settings where completely messed up. Instead of staying on
screen and everything located centrally i now have a
situation where my screen settings are far to big for my
monitor!?
Would anyone know how this can be rectified. I have
Windows 2000 if that is any help
Regards
Bob
1 answer Last reply
More about monitor screen setting different

    Well, 1st thing to try:

    -Right Click on your desktop screen, at the context menu
    select Properties, then click on the settings tab, and
    adjust the slider to a higher resolution like 1024x768.
    Then adjust your colour depth to 16/24/32 Bit colour.

    Hopefully your drivers havn't become corrupt. If they
    have: then Post the make and model of your laptop, and
    I'm sure that if I don't post a link someone will !

    Check the resolution 1st and post your results.

Hardware Monitors Microsoft Windows XP