Hardware diagnostics

Hello,

Can anyone recommend a hardware diagnostics package for PCs?
This would include testing RAM, hard drives etc.
I have seen a few commercial packages in the $300 to $500
range but something simpler and cheaper would be nice.
Any suggestions (or recommendations for the commercial
packages)?

Thanks
Marius Matioc

http://www.passmark.com/

"Zagan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> http://www.passmark.com/

Thanks, this looks good.

"Marius Matioc" <pentalogix@pentalogix.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Can anyone recommend a hardware diagnostics package for PCs?
> This would include testing RAM, hard drives etc.
> I have seen a few commercial packages in the $300 to $500
> range but something simpler and cheaper would be nice.
> Any suggestions (or recommendations for the commercial
> packages)?

Try "diag378.exe", downloadable for free from
ftp://ftp1.dell.com/diags . After a few complaints, will run
on most non-Dell computers.

-- Bob Day
http://bobday.vze.com

Marius Matioc wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Can anyone recommend a hardware diagnostics package for PCs?
> This would include testing RAM, hard drives etc.
> I have seen a few commercial packages in the $300 to $500
> range but something simpler and cheaper would be nice.
> Any suggestions (or recommendations for the commercial
> packages)?
>
> Thanks
> Marius Matioc

Memtest86 is still the standard for RAM.
--
Cheers, Bob

> Memtest86 is still the standard for RAM.
> --
> Cheers, Bob

Thanks Bob,

Have tried. Very elegant program and hopefully thorough as well.

Marius