Asus P4C800-E Deluxe SATA drives

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
March 8, 2005 9:56:59 AM

On this MB there are four SATA drive sockets - two pairs to enable the set
up of a RAID, as I understand it.

If I do not wish to configure a RAID array and I don't set up any RAID in
the BIOS, is it possible to use the second pair of SATA sockets to run two
more storage HDs?

(I've had no problems using all three of the IDE sockets in this fashion -
each with two drives - but haven't tried this with SATA yet).

Thanks.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
March 8, 2005 9:57:00 AM

Yes it is, you have to enable the promise controller in bios as non raid or
something like that and install the controllers drivers( you may have to go
into the promise controllers separate bios to do some setup as well
"JustMe" <nobodyherebutus@chickens.com> wrote in message
> On this MB there are four SATA drive sockets - two pairs to enable the set
> up of a RAID, as I understand it.
>
> If I do not wish to configure a RAID array and I don't set up any RAID in
> the BIOS, is it possible to use the second pair of SATA sockets to run two
> more storage HDs?
>
> (I've had no problems using all three of the IDE sockets in this fashion -
> each with two drives - but haven't tried this with SATA yet).
>
> Thanks.

March 9, 2005 1:19:48 AM

Thanks - that should be fine.

!