Asus P4C800-E Deluxe SATA drives

On this MB there are four SATA drive sockets - two pairs to enable the set
up of a RAID, as I understand it.

If I do not wish to configure a RAID array and I don't set up any RAID in
the BIOS, is it possible to use the second pair of SATA sockets to run two
more storage HDs?

(I've had no problems using all three of the IDE sockets in this fashion -
each with two drives - but haven't tried this with SATA yet).

Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about asus p4c800 deluxe sata drives

    Yes it is, you have to enable the promise controller in bios as non raid or
    something like that and install the controllers drivers( you may have to go
    into the promise controllers separate bios to do some setup as well
    "JustMe" <nobodyherebutus@chickens.com> wrote in message
    > On this MB there are four SATA drive sockets - two pairs to enable the set
    > up of a RAID, as I understand it.
    >
    > If I do not wish to configure a RAID array and I don't set up any RAID in
    > the BIOS, is it possible to use the second pair of SATA sockets to run two
    > more storage HDs?
    >
    > (I've had no problems using all three of the IDE sockets in this fashion -
    > each with two drives - but haven't tried this with SATA yet).
    >
    > Thanks.

    Thanks - that should be fine.

    "RBM" <rmottola1(remove this)@optonline.net> wrote in message
    > Yes it is, you have to enable the promise controller in bios as non raid
    or
    > something like that and install the controllers drivers( you may have to
    go
    > into the promise controllers separate bios to do some setup as well
    > "JustMe" <nobodyherebutus@chickens.com> wrote in message
    > > On this MB there are four SATA drive sockets - two pairs to enable the
    set
    > > up of a RAID, as I understand it.
    > >
    > > If I do not wish to configure a RAID array and I don't set up any RAID
    in
    > > the BIOS, is it possible to use the second pair of SATA sockets to run
    two
    > > more storage HDs?
    > >
    > > (I've had no problems using all three of the IDE sockets in this
    fashion -
    > > each with two drives - but haven't tried this with SATA yet).
    > >
    > > Thanks.

Asus SATA NAS / RAID Motherboards