Plextor PX-708 external DVD writer

Lilly

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2004

My new Plextor DvD writer is doing everything, except
reading data and software CD's and DVD's. It plays movies,
music, writes CD's and DVd's. Talked to Plextor support,
they think it is something in windows XP which is not
working right. They made me change the plextor drive
letter and each time I do change it, it can read the
software disc, if I put in another disc it does not work
anymore. When changing the drive letter it works again,
and then not anymore. The support at plextor can not find
the problem. Anybody has a clue what might be the
reason???? Would appreciate much your help. Lilly

bar

Try not assigning a drive letter, but to allow it to be dynamically allocated
each time it is attached.

Start Computer Management - Start > Run > compmgmt.msc

and 'uncheck' assign drive letter.