SP2 and Stop error with CD Burner

I installed SP2 and everything worked, except when I put any disc into my CD
Burner. It gives me a BSOD with a stop error. According to the error
reporting screen I get after a reboot, it claims to be the fault of my
graphics driver. Could this be the DIVX problem I have seen. I have a Radeon
9600, and updated to the most recent Catalyst driver.
My burner is a Sony CRX175A1. I have both EasyCD Creator 5 and Nero 5
installed.
I finally uninstalled SP2, and everything is working fine, again.
Any ideas?

peter

did you try to reinstall the catalyst drivers after the SP2 install??
I've heard this works
peter
"ivanh" <ivanh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I installed SP2 and everything worked, except when I put any disc into my CD
> Burner. It gives me a BSOD with a stop error. According to the error
> reporting screen I get after a reboot, it claims to be the fault of my
> graphics driver. Could this be the DIVX problem I have seen. I have a Radeon
> 9600, and updated to the most recent Catalyst driver.
> My burner is a Sony CRX175A1. I have both EasyCD Creator 5 and Nero 5
> installed.
> I finally uninstalled SP2, and everything is working fine, again.
> Any ideas?

I didn't install the 4.7 driver until after I had installed SP2. This did not
seem to fix the problem.

"peter" wrote:

> did you try to reinstall the catalyst drivers after the SP2 install??
> I've heard this works
> peter
> "ivanh" <ivanh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I installed SP2 and everything worked, except when I put any disc into my CD
> > Burner. It gives me a BSOD with a stop error. According to the error
> > reporting screen I get after a reboot, it claims to be the fault of my
> > graphics driver. Could this be the DIVX problem I have seen. I have a Radeon
> > 9600, and updated to the most recent Catalyst driver.
> > My burner is a Sony CRX175A1. I have both EasyCD Creator 5 and Nero 5
> > installed.
> > I finally uninstalled SP2, and everything is working fine, again.
> > Any ideas?

I am running the 4.7 drivers on SP2 and have been for a while. I also
have Nero 6 Ultra installed. Have you tried removing the Roxio Software
and Nero Software and reinstall them? These BSOD's usually happen when
there is a Disk Detector or something that tries to detect when a blank
CD has been inserted. DirectCD is a culprit too.

----
Nathan McNulty