Left-handed adaptations for Windows CE User interface?

June 24, 2004 9:09:45 PM

Hi,

I have just seen a post from Tim Lynn mentioning the problems he's having
using the transcriber, as he is left-handed.

I'm also left-handed but I don't have any special problems with the
transcriber (luckily). What I find quite unconvenient is the way the whole
user interface is adapted towards right-handed people.

For instance, the vertical scrollbar is placed to the right hand. If you are
using your left hand to scroll down, your hand will normally block the whole
screen, preventing you from reading. Is there any way to adress this? Does
anyone know of a way of making the Windows CE interface more user-friendly
for left-handed people?

I have an iPaq 4150.

Thanks in advance!

Daniel
Anonymous
June 25, 2004 10:33:15 PM

I might as well just say it. No. There is no system wide way to make it
lefty-friendly. It is possible in individual program design to stick a
scroll bar anywhere, but using the built in capabilities, Nope, just no way.

--
Sven, MS-MVP Mobile Devices

!