Black Screen Freezing

dwyreaux

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2011
Have you ever had one of those builds wheer nothing seems to work? I'm having one of those right now.

My latest issue has been a black screen that locks up my computer. The monitor is still receiving a signal and on, but the screen goes black. The most recent time I observed this I was installing a program that had sound during the installation, I left while it was installing, when I came back I had the black screen with a frozen tone, and the installation never completed.

My system is composed of:
Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3 - MoBo
Intel i5-760 - CPU
G.Skill DDR3-1333 8GB (2x4GB DIMMS) PC-10666 Ripjaws - RAM
WD 1TB Black - HDD
LG Blu-Ray Burner - Optical
Corsair CMPSU-650TX - PSU
PowerColor Radeon HD 5850 - GPU

I have updated to the latest BIOS, and updated all of the drivers with this new install.

Anyone please have any experience with a similar issue that can help me out, it would be greatly appreciated.

Justin W.

Winterhawk

Distinguished
May 7, 2011
Hey, I am actually experiencing a similar probelm at the moment. I am running an almost identical build actually, with the only differences being in the PSU and the lower graphics card at a Powercolor 5770...

I have problems usually when I am gaming, and the screen will lose connection with the computer. It is also worthy to note that the videocard fan will go to max, but I have swaped it with my friends to test and it happens either way.

I honestly have no idea what the problem could be, but I am guessing it is something with the mobo... If anyone has had any luck, I would really appreciate it as well.

Thanks,

Ryan