A7N8X-E d Boot USB

Is it possible to boot from a USB device(DVD) with this M/B? How?

I appreciate your time.

--
rvd - There are 10 kinds of people in the world... those that know binary
and those that don't.

rv daffin wrote:
> Is it possible to boot from a USB device(DVD) with this M/B? How?
>
> I appreciate your time.
>
> --
> rvd - There are 10 kinds of people in the world... those that know binary
> and those that don't.

No, it is not.. The drivers aren't loaded until the machine boots, and
the OS is loaded..

Thanks for the info - for what it's worth, my dell laptop can boot from a
usb device.

--
Dink - There are 10 kinds of people in the world... those that know binary
and those that don't.

rv daffin wrote:
> Is it possible to boot from a USB device(DVD) with this M/B? How?
>
> I appreciate your time.

It's possible to boot USB on a A7N8X Deluxe or Non Deluxe Rev2.0 AFAIK.
It works on my deluxe anyway.

I've managed to boot a USB Flash drive, which I was pretty chuffed about.

It all depends on the emulation of the USB device.

Ben