Lost Primary Slave Drive

I recently reformatted and reinstalled WinXP Professional. While bios and
Windows device manager recognize my primary slave drive, it does not appear
in Windows Explorer. How can I get XP to re-recognize my second hard drive?
(jumpers and cables were not changed during the reinstallation)

null

egordon0315 wrote:

>I recently reformatted and reinstalled WinXP Professional. While bios and
>Windows device manager recognize my primary slave drive, it does not appear
>in Windows Explorer. How can I get XP to re-recognize my second hard drive?
>(jumpers and cables were not changed during the reinstallation)

Is the primary slave drive formatted? It will need to be, in order for
Windows Explorer to use it.

Try this:

Right click on My Computer, click Manage, click Disk Management. Now
right click on the drive that is not showing up in My Computer and see
if you can import the foreign disk (if it was a dynamic disk or
something) or if you can assign it a drive letter. This may help.
Another thing you can try is removing the problematic drive from Device
Manager and reboot to let Windows reinstall the drive.

----
Nathan McNulty