- Okay, I give up. Anyone have any Asus forums to recommen..

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
March 10, 2005 3:28:51 PM

I find that I'm not really getting the information I'm looking for on Asus
motherboards here. Can anyone recommend me a good Forum somewhere where I
can get some help deciding which Asus board is the right one for me?
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
March 10, 2005 3:28:52 PM

"JJY" <nospam@please.com> wrote in message
>I find that I'm not really getting the information I'm looking for on Asus
>motherboards here. Can anyone recommend me a good Forum somewhere where I
>can get some help deciding which Asus board is the right one for me?

Here's a place you can try...

http://forums.pcper.com/
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
March 10, 2005 4:12:37 PM

JJY wrote:
> I find that I'm not really getting the information I'm looking for on Asus
> motherboards here. Can anyone recommend me a good Forum somewhere where I
> can get some help deciding which Asus board is the right one for me?

Well, seeing as I do not recall a post by you asking for info, then I
suppose you WON'T get the info you need.. Gotta ask Qs dude.
Related resources
March 10, 2005 9:05:54 PM

there is chipset/manufacturer specific forums for M/B's...so if you said
what you actually have...might be able to point you in right direction.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
March 11, 2005 4:22:14 AM

http://www.abxzone.com/forums/

would be a good place to start

"JJY" <nospam@please.com> wrote in message
> I find that I'm not really getting the information I'm looking for on Asus
> motherboards here. Can anyone recommend me a good Forum somewhere where I
> can get some help deciding which Asus board is the right one for me?

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
March 11, 2005 4:37:48 AM

"JJY" <nospam@please.com> wrote in message
>I find that I'm not really getting the information I'm looking for on Asus
>motherboards here. Can anyone recommend me a good Forum somewhere where I
>can get some help deciding which Asus board is the right one for me?

What do you want to do on/with this new computer? The answer might
even be a Mac, for all the information you have provided..
HTH
--
Rob
March 11, 2005 4:37:49 AM

exactly..what do you have?????AMD...Pentium....and as said before...have you
asked nything here???
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
March 11, 2005 2:32:29 PM

"dino" <whyme@help.com> wrote in message
> there is chipset/manufacturer specific forums for M/B's...so if you said
> what you actually have...might be able to point you in right direction.

Arg, posting here is so frustrating. :)  No one reads.

My original post said "Can anyone recommend me a good Forum somewhere where
I can get some help deciding which Asus board is the right one for me?"

Obviously I don't have one yet. I'm looking to buy one. More specifically,
hesitating between the A8N-SLI and the A8N-E.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
March 11, 2005 2:34:01 PM

"Axl Myk" <AxlMyk*AT*comcast.net> wrote in message
> JJY wrote:
>> I find that I'm not really getting the information I'm looking for on
>> Asus motherboards here. Can anyone recommend me a good Forum somewhere
>> where I can get some help deciding which Asus board is the right one for
>> me?
> Well, seeing as I do not recall a post by you asking for info, then I
> suppose you WON'T get the info you need.. Gotta ask Qs dude.

2 threads were spawned on the subject, and one was even re-posted with the
prefix "Take 2" since no one replied the first time. All in the past week.

Just because you "do not recall" them doesn't automatically mean they were
never posted. :p
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
March 11, 2005 2:34:17 PM

Thanks, I'll give them a shot.

"Peter van der Goes" <p_vandergoes@toadstool.u> wrote in message

> "JJY" <nospam@please.com> wrote in message
>>I find that I'm not really getting the information I'm looking for on Asus
>>motherboards here. Can anyone recommend me a good Forum somewhere where I
>>can get some help deciding which Asus board is the right one for me?
>>
> Here's a place you can try...
>
> http://forums.pcper.com/
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
March 11, 2005 3:28:35 PM

JJY wrote:
> "Axl Myk" <AxlMyk*AT*comcast.net> wrote in message
>
>>JJY wrote:
>>
>>>I find that I'm not really getting the information I'm looking for on
>>>Asus motherboards here. Can anyone recommend me a good Forum somewhere
>>>where I can get some help deciding which Asus board is the right one for
>>>me?
>>
>>Well, seeing as I do not recall a post by you asking for info, then I
>>suppose you WON'T get the info you need.. Gotta ask Qs dude.
>

> 2 threads were spawned on the subject, and one was even re-posted with the
> prefix "Take 2" since no one replied the first time. All in the past week.
>
> Just because you "do not recall" them doesn't automatically mean they were
> never posted. :p

But then again, if someone is going to post a message 3 times, people
will ignore them, thinking the poster is better off going to a store and
buying a system instead of building one..
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
March 11, 2005 9:09:34 PM

> JJY wrote:
>> "Axl Myk" <AxlMyk*AT*comcast.net> wrote in message
>>
>>>Well, seeing as I do not recall a post by you asking for info, then I
>>>suppose you WON'T get the info you need.. Gotta ask Qs dude.
>>
>> 2 threads were spawned on the subject, and one was even re-posted with
>> the prefix "Take 2" since no one replied the first time. All in the past
>> week.
>>
>> Just because you "do not recall" them doesn't automatically mean they
>> were never posted. :p
> But then again, if someone is going to post a message 3 times, people will
> ignore them, thinking the poster is better off going to a store and buying
> a system instead of building one..

So the reason for the lack of replies was that no question was ever asked.
When it's mentioned how it was asked 3 times, you respond that this is the
reason it got no replies.

Essentially, what you're saying to me is that you really don't like being
corrected.

I can dig that.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
March 11, 2005 9:11:28 PM

JJY wrote:
> "dino" <whyme@help.com> wrote in message
>
>>there is chipset/manufacturer specific forums for M/B's...so if you said
>>what you actually have...might be able to point you in right direction.
>

> Arg, posting here is so frustrating. :)  No one reads.

Yeah, sorry - I'm guilty of that one too.

This is one of the best places to post, that I know of. There are quite
a few knowledgable here here.

Anyway, try nForcersHQ, thats the best nForce related forum, and they
have an Asus group on there.

http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/

> My original post said "Can anyone recommend me a good Forum somewhere where
> I can get some help deciding which Asus board is the right one for me?"
>
> Obviously I don't have one yet. I'm looking to buy one. More specifically,
> hesitating between the A8N-SLI and the A8N-E.

I think you've decided on SLI since it was more features.

Ben
a b V Motherboard
March 11, 2005 9:55:02 PM

JJY wrote:
> reason it got no replies.
>
> Essentially, what you're saying to me is that you really don't like being
> corrected.
>
> I can dig that.

Did I say that? Damn, you're good at saying things for others..
March 11, 2005 10:09:19 PM

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 11:32:29 -0500, "JJY" <nospam@please.com> wrote:

>"dino" <whyme@help.com> wrote in message
>> there is chipset/manufacturer specific forums for M/B's...so if you said
>> what you actually have...might be able to point you in right direction.
>
>Arg, posting here is so frustrating. :)  No one reads.
>
>My original post said "Can anyone recommend me a good Forum somewhere where
>I can get some help deciding which Asus board is the right one for me?"
>
>Obviously I don't have one yet. I'm looking to buy one. More specifically,
>hesitating between the A8N-SLI and the A8N-E.

Gee, I think you got a number of good responses to the thread you
started on this question. I very seriously doubt that you're going to
find much more authoritative information on other fora.

Perhaps you just want someone to come right out and tell you which
board to buy. If that's the case, get the A8N-SLI.

Ron
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
March 11, 2005 10:09:20 PM

"milleron" <millerdot90@SPAMlessosu.edu> wrote in message

> Gee, I think you got a number of good responses to the thread you
> started on this question. I very seriously doubt that you're going to
> find much more authoritative information on other fora.

Yes, I finally started getting responses in the past 24h since posting my
request for other forums.

It has been asked a week prior with little returns.

Incidentally, yours was among the most helpful replies (in the other
thread).
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
March 14, 2005 6:02:58 AM

> "milleron" <millerdot90@SPAMlessosu.edu> wrote in message
> >
> > Gee, I think you got a number of good responses to the thread you
> > started on this question. I very seriously doubt that you're going to
> > find much more authoritative information on other fora.
>
> Yes, I finally started getting responses in the past 24h since posting my
> request for other forums.
>
> It has been asked a week prior with little returns.
>
> Incidentally, yours was among the most helpful replies (in the other
> thread).

Be thankful for any help you do get, no one is paid here to help you.
!