DIGImatrix - bios update crash the DIGImatrix

How to upgrade the bios of a barabone DIGImatrix ?

The Asusupdate tool is not working on this PC !
It always corrupts the bios.

Miguel

Paul

Splendid

In article <423169fa$0$14847$afc38c87@news.easynet.fr>, "Miguel Lopes"
<miguy1@yahoo.com> wrote:

> How to upgrade the bios of a barabone DIGImatrix ?
>
> The Asusupdate tool is not working on this PC !
> It always corrupts the bios.
>
> Miguel

Have you tried EZ flash, as explained in the manual ?

Paul

No,

I tried the first update bios process chapter 3.4 of the manual.
And now it's too late to follow the chapter 5.1 of the manual as the
Digimatrix is dead. Doesn't boot anymore.

Miguel

--

Miguel

> In article <423169fa$0$14847$afc38c87@news.easynet.fr>, "Miguel Lopes"
> <miguy1@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > How to upgrade the bios of a barabone DIGImatrix ?
> >
> > The Asusupdate tool is not working on this PC !
> > It always corrupts the bios.
> >
> > Miguel
>
> Have you tried EZ flash, as explained in the manual ?
>
> Paul

Paul

Splendid

In article <4232c8f0$0$921$afc38c87@news.easynet.fr>, "Miguel Lopes"
<miguy@yahoo.com> wrote:

> No,
>
> I tried the first update bios process chapter 3.4 of the manual.
> And now it's too late to follow the chapter 5.1 of the manual as the
> Digimatrix is dead. Doesn't boot anymore.
>
> Miguel

Contact www.badflash.com and buy a new flash memory chip.
If you look in the Asus manual for the Digimatrix, item #10 points
to the flash chip. You have to tell badflash.com what kind of
chip it is, and provide them with a pointer to where the BIOS
file to program the flash chip can be found.

There are companies other than badflash.com than can perform the
service. For example, go here and click "BIOS chip":

http://www.eksitdata.com/_uk/index.asp

You can either send your old chip to the flashing company
and they can reprogram it for you. Or, if you choose for
them to use a new chip, that will save shipping time.

You might also find it convenient to use an extractor, like
this one, to pull the old chip out of its socket. Some
companies include this tool with your shipment, while others
expect you to pay extra for one of these.

"PLCC Square Extractor Set #276-2101"
http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&product%5Fid=276-2101

When removing the old chip, make a drawing of the orientation
marks on the PLCC chip and the PLCC socket. The chip will have
a dot or an arrow on its top. The socket will have a matching
arrow. Make sure the new chip is inserted the same way the old
one was.

HTH,
Paul

Thanks a lot for your help Paul

But my Barebone is still covered by warranty... I will send this f...
barebone to their technical support.
But I do not find normal that we are unable to follow their bios update
process.

I used to find Asus serious in terms of quality but they are really bad in
terms of technical support...
They nerver answered to my emails. They have no phone number for the
technical support, only through email (easier not to answer).

Really bad aptitude.

Thanks anyway for your help

Regards

Mig