A8NSLI DX bios 1006

Asus has the release version of 1006 for download
18 answers Last reply
More about a8nsli bios 1006

    Thanks for the heads up!

    "Harry" <harry_wz@NOSPAMyahoo.ca> wrote in message
    > Asus has the release version of 1006 for download

    "Harry" <harry_wz@NOSPAMyahoo.ca> wrote in message
    > Asus has the release version of 1006 for download.

    Not long ago, someone posted that they could not have confidence in a
    motherboard that had new versions of firmware released as frequently as the
    A8N-SLi.

    I feel exactly the opposite way. I am very happy to know that ASUS are
    working hard to make sure that this board is bug free and best of breed.

    Well done ASUS I say.

    Jon

    1007.002 beta is also out.

    ftp://ftp.asuscom.de/pub/ASUSCOM/BIOS/Socket_939/NVIDIA_Chipset/nForce4_SLI/A8N-SLI_Deluxe/

    3200+ wrote:
    > "Harry" <harry_wz@NOSPAMyahoo.ca> wrote in message
    >
    >>Asus has the release version of 1006 for download.
    >

    > Not long ago, someone posted that they could not have confidence in a
    > motherboard that had new versions of firmware released as frequently as the
    > A8N-SLi.
    >
    > I feel exactly the opposite way. I am very happy to know that ASUS are
    > working hard to make sure that this board is bug free and best of breed.

    It means the board was released without sufficient testing. But how
    would we all feel if the board release was delayed?

    This is the first BIOS for an nForce 4 product that has gone out in the
    wild, I think they probably had a thing or two to learn, so I don't
    doubt that there are/were problems, and I don't blame them.

    At least the problems are being fixed, thats a good thing.

    Ben

    > It means the board was released without sufficient testing. But how would
    > we all feel if the board release was delayed?

    In the long run, we'd be happier IMHO :-)

    Cheers, Rob.

    "Rob Nicholson" <rob.nicholson@nospam-unforgettable.com> wrote in message
    >> It means the board was released without sufficient testing. But how
    >> would we all feel if the board release was delayed?
    >
    > In the long run, we'd be happier IMHO :-)
    >
    > Cheers, Rob.

    Every single motherboard I've bought over the years, Abit, Gigabyte, MSI,
    AMD, and Asus, have all had atleast little glitches at first. The difference
    is that Asus puts out new bioses to address potential problems MUCH more
    frequently than any other mobo manufacturer. There were some problems with
    the Abit and Gigabyte boards that were never addressed, and bios updates
    were few and far between. To be honest though, my A8N-SLI DLX has been 100%
    trouble free since I bought it 1 month ago, and with all bioses from 1002 to
    1006

    Rob Nicholson wrote:
    >>It means the board was released without sufficient testing. But how would
    >>we all feel if the board release was delayed?
    >

    > In the long run, we'd be happier IMHO :-)

    Any showstopping problems you've experienced?

    Ben

    > Any showstopping problems you've experienced?

    Yes, in a weird way :-) Because I've been burnt with buying an AOpen DVD
    burner that is pretty useless, I've been a lot more reluctant to jump in
    with a new motherboard so as of writing, my A8N-SLI system doesn't work at
    all because I haven't had enough confidence to buy it.

    Rob.

    Ben Pope wrote:

    >>> Asus has the release version of 1006 for download.
    >>
    >> I feel exactly the opposite way. I am very happy to know that ASUS are
    >> working hard to make sure that this board is bug free and best of breed.
    >
    > It means the board was released without sufficient testing.

    I disagree. These are products where it is impossible to have tested
    every bit of hardware you can combine it with, to see if it all works.
    Also, as other manufacturers rush new hardware to the market, this will
    have to be tried for compatibility too, but you can't always wait. So,
    you get a decent product on the market, and work on it to resolve issues
    that arise.

    It's true that ASUS will have pushed hard to be the first to get an SLI
    board on the market, and might have cut a few corners here and there,
    but the fact that they are continuing to release new BIOSes does in no
    way reflect the quality of the product, or alledged lack thereof.

    I too am happy to see ASUS actively support the A8N SLI Deluxe, and
    every BIOS has worked for me so far.

    RJT wrote:
    > Ben Pope wrote:
    >
    >> It means the board was released without sufficient testing.
    >
    > I disagree. These are products where it is impossible to have tested
    > every bit of hardware you can combine it with, to see if it all works.
    > Also, as other manufacturers rush new hardware to the market, this will
    > have to be tried for compatibility too, but you can't always wait. So,
    > you get a decent product on the market, and work on it to resolve issues
    > that arise.
    >
    > It's true that ASUS will have pushed hard to be the first to get an SLI
    > board on the market, and might have cut a few corners here and there,
    > but the fact that they are continuing to release new BIOSes does in no
    > way reflect the quality of the product, or alledged lack thereof.

    I didn't allege a lack of quality.

    Actually I've just checked the release notes for the BIOSes and it looks
    like pretty standard stuff thats updated. There are a few power
    management issues that should probably have been caught earlier, but
    things get missed.

    > I too am happy to see ASUS actively support the A8N SLI Deluxe, and
    > every BIOS has worked for me so far.

    Great.

    Ben

    Rob Nicholson wrote:
    >>Any showstopping problems you've experienced?
    >

    > Yes, in a weird way :-) Because I've been burnt with buying an AOpen DVD
    > burner that is pretty useless, I've been a lot more reluctant to jump in
    > with a new motherboard so as of writing, my A8N-SLI system doesn't work at
    > all because I haven't had enough confidence to buy it.

    Oh I see... thats not quite what I meant :-p

    Ben

    Rob Nicholson wrote:
    > I've been burnt with buying an AOpen DVD
    > burner that is pretty useless

    Ah, I've had a similar experience with an AOpen CD-RW. It had to be too
    good to be true, as it was on sale for a ridiculously low price. I
    should've known.

    I bought the NEC DVD burner for my new setup, and that has worked
    superbly since.

    > as of writing, my A8N-SLI system doesn't work at
    > all because I haven't had enough confidence to buy it.

    I'd say waiting for that confidence to grow whilst hanging out here is
    dangerous. Mostly ppl here only post when they are having problems, so
    that isnt likely going to build on your confidence. ;)

    > Oh I see... thats not quite what I meant :-p

    I know but I felt there was some worth in posting it as in for some people
    it is better to get something more established. For example, if I was
    upgrading a PC for a friend (rarer these days as new PCs are so cheap), I'd
    always want to use well established parts.

    Cheers, Rob.

    > Ah, I've had a similar experience with an AOpen CD-RW. It had to be too
    > good to be true, as it was on sale for a ridiculously low price. I
    > should've known.

    When I bought it just before Christmas, it was one of the cheapest DVD
    burners on Dabs. Not *the* cheapest but it did have dual layer - not tht
    I've had chance to use that. It would be nice if it could even burn CD-R let
    alone dual layer DVD. However, there are now alternatives like the NEC you
    mention.

    > I'd say waiting for that confidence to grow whilst hanging out here is
    > dangerous. Mostly ppl here only post when they are having problems, so
    > that isnt likely going to build on your confidence. ;)

    Good point but also a good source of "so how well tested and stable is this
    new product".

    Cheers, Rob.
  15. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

    >> I'd say waiting for that confidence to grow whilst hanging out here is
    >> dangerous. Mostly ppl here only post when they are having problems, so
    >> that isnt likely going to build on your confidence. ;)
    >
    > Good point but also a good source of "so how well tested and stable is
    > this new product".

    I've owned Gigabyte, 2 Abit, MSI, AMD, and 2 Asus motherboards.
    The A8N-SLI Deluxe is the most stable, trouble free board I've ever used,
    especially for a first revision.
    There have been FAR fewer reports of bugs here on the A8N-SLI Deluxe than
    there were when the A7N8X Deluxe was first released (one of the best boards
    ever), and far, far fewer than were posted in their respected groups when I
    first bought my Gigabyte, Abit, MSI, and AMD boards.
  16. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

    On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 15:08:12 +0000, Ben Pope
    <ben_popeREMOVE_ME@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Rob Nicholson wrote:
    >>>It means the board was released without sufficient testing. But how would
    >>>we all feel if the board release was delayed?
    >>

    >> In the long run, we'd be happier IMHO :-)
    >
    >Any showstopping problems you've experienced?

    Just the one where you need to get an ATA2.0 p/s or smoke :)

    Great mobo. They all have small troubles and I like to see updates
    coming thick and fast :)
  17. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

    > there were when the A7N8X Deluxe was first released (one of the best
    > boards ever), and far, far fewer than were posted in their respected
    > groups when I

    On an associated tack, has the A7N8X settled down then? My brother in law
    was asking tonight about a mid-level upgrade and a fast Sempron fits hits
    requirements nicely.

    Cheers, Rob.
  18. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

    Rob Nicholson wrote:
    >>there were when the A7N8X Deluxe was first released (one of the best
    >>boards ever), and far, far fewer than were posted in their respected
    >>groups when I
    >

    > On an associated tack, has the A7N8X settled down then? My brother in law
    > was asking tonight about a mid-level upgrade and a fast Sempron fits hits
    > requirements nicely.

    I bought my A7N8X Deluxe Rev 2.0 in August '03.

    Never had an inkling of a problem, an outstanding motherboard.

    The drivers are now very settled, too.

    Just don't be tempted to install the drivers that come on the CD,
    especially if they're the 1.16 drivers. Just don't do it. Throw the CD
    away before you're even tempted.

    Ben

Asus BIOS Download Motherboards