Onboard sound & Video Conferencing

Using A7N8X Deluxe Revision 2.0 and using the microphone in and
2-speaker audio output on the board I am unable to get the audio working
for 'video conferencing'.

(The mic and speakers record and playback OK.)

I've been told that nVidia/ASUS onboard sound will not work for 'video
conference' and that I will need a separate sound card. - Is this true?

The video connection with an 'old' Logitech USB web camera is fine so
the connection has been made.

If true, why should onboard sound not work the same as a sound card?
--
A.R.Mills

A.R.Mills wrote:
> Using A7N8X Deluxe Revision 2.0 and using the microphone in and
> 2-speaker audio output on the board I am unable to get the audio working
> for 'video conferencing'.
>
> (The mic and speakers record and playback OK.)
>
> I've been told that nVidia/ASUS onboard sound will not work for 'video
> conference' and that I will need a separate sound card. - Is this true?
>
> The video connection with an 'old' Logitech USB web camera is fine so
> the connection has been made.
>
> If true, why should onboard sound not work the same as a sound card?
Go into the Nforce Tray and make sure "Recording" is set to microphone..
You might have to turn the microphone boost on also..

In article <tNSdnSgE46Xcua_fRVn-rA@comcast.com>, Axl Myk
<AxlMyk*AT*comcast.net@?.?> writes
>A.R.Mills wrote:
Snip
>> I've been told that nVidia/ASUS onboard sound will not work for 'video
>> conference' and that I will need a separate sound card. - Is this true?
snip
>Go into the Nforce Tray and make sure "Recording" is set to microphone..
>You might have to turn the microphone boost on also..
Thank you, even if I still have problems you have reassured me that the
onboard sound should be OK and not be the problem.
--
A.R.Mills