Halo 2 display problem

Last response: in Video Games
November 11, 2004 5:34:32 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,microsoft.public.xbox.halo (More info?)

I'm having issues with Halo 2 displaying correctly on my Mitsu HDTV in 480p
mode. The left side of the screen cuts off part of the HUD. For example, I
can see almost all of my motion tracker, but the very left bit of it cuts
off. I can see how many frag grenades I have, but not how many plasma. I can
see the graphic display of bullets remaining in my left-hand weapon when I
dual-wield, but if I dual-wield a Plasma weapon, I can't see how much charge
is remaining.

This is very frustrating. My first reaction is that my set needs adjusting
because its overscan is set too high. However, I don't have this problem
with other 480p or even 1080i (MX Unleashed) games.

Has anyone else noticed this?

--
Chris

Munged email. To reply by email (each "word" a letter):
see jay bee are oh oh kay ee [AT] em ess en [DOT] see oh em

More about : halo display problem

Anonymous
November 11, 2004 5:34:33 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,microsoft.public.xbox.halo (More info?)

On 11/11/04 8:34 AM, in article 2MKkd.35176$dp.8951@fe22.usenetserver.com,
"FlyByKnight" <FlyByKnight@example.invalid> wrote:

> I'm having issues with Halo 2 displaying correctly on my Mitsu HDTV in 480p
> mode. The left side of the screen cuts off part of the HUD. For example, I
> can see almost all of my motion tracker, but the very left bit of it cuts
> off. I can see how many frag grenades I have, but not how many plasma. I can
> see the graphic display of bullets remaining in my left-hand weapon when I
> dual-wield, but if I dual-wield a Plasma weapon, I can't see how much charge
> is remaining.
>
> This is very frustrating. My first reaction is that my set needs adjusting
> because its overscan is set too high. However, I don't have this problem
> with other 480p or even 1080i (MX Unleashed) games.
>
> Has anyone else noticed this?

I haven't noticed anything like that.
November 12, 2004 12:26:08 AM

FlyByKnight wrote:
> I'm having issues with Halo 2 displaying correctly on my Mitsu HDTV
> in 480p mode. The left side of the screen cuts off part of the HUD.
> For example, I can see almost all of my motion tracker, but the very
> left bit of it cuts off. I can see how many frag grenades I have, but
> not how many plasma. I can see the graphic display of bullets
> remaining in my left-hand weapon when I dual-wield, but if I
> dual-wield a Plasma weapon, I can't see how much charge is remaining.
>
> This is very frustrating. My first reaction is that my set needs
> adjusting because its overscan is set too high. However, I don't have
> this problem with other 480p or even 1080i (MX Unleashed) games.
>
> Has anyone else noticed this?
>
> --
> Chris
>
> Munged email. To reply by email (each "word" a letter):
> see jay bee are oh oh kay ee [AT] em ess en [DOT] see oh em

try here.. http://www.hdtvarcade.com/
Anonymous
November 12, 2004 6:02:54 PM

"FlyByKnight" <FlyByKnight@example.invalid> wrote in message
> I'm having issues with Halo 2 displaying correctly on my Mitsu HDTV in
480p
> mode. The left side of the screen cuts off part of the HUD. For example, I
> can see almost all of my motion tracker, but the very left bit of it cuts
> off. I can see how many frag grenades I have, but not how many plasma. I
can
> see the graphic display of bullets remaining in my left-hand weapon when I
> dual-wield, but if I dual-wield a Plasma weapon, I can't see how much
charge
> is remaining.
>
> This is very frustrating. My first reaction is that my set needs adjusting
> because its overscan is set too high. However, I don't have this problem
> with other 480p or even 1080i (MX Unleashed) games.
>
> Has anyone else noticed this?
>
> --
> Chris
>
> Munged email. To reply by email (each "word" a letter):
> see jay bee are oh oh kay ee [AT] em ess en [DOT] see oh em

I know it may sound simple, but...is your TV in "zoom" mode of any kind?

My Mitsu 65" HDTV displays perfectly....my Xbox set to Widescreen display
and TV set to Standard display,. but if I go to Zoom mode the sides (and top
and bottom) are clipped resembling the problem you describe.

Just a thought....
!