Monitor randomly going into standby

I'm using Windows XP. Recently my monitor has started to
go into standby at random intervals and won't come back
on when I move the mouse. I have to turn the monitor off
at the power switch and wait a minute or so to get it
back. I've tried changing the Power settings, but it
hasn't helped. I'm assuming it's a settings problem
rather than the monitor itself. Any ideas?

That sounds more like a monitor problem than anything. I would suggest
trying a different monitor or the same monitor on a different computer
and see if it still has problems. That will help you determine if it is
the monitor or your computer ;)

----
Nathan McNulty

Sue Hodgson wrote:
> I'm using Windows XP. Recently my monitor has started to
> go into standby at random intervals and won't come back
> on when I move the mouse. I have to turn the monitor off
> at the power switch and wait a minute or so to get it
> back. I've tried changing the Power settings, but it
> hasn't helped. I'm assuming it's a settings problem
> rather than the monitor itself. Any ideas?

spencer

Could it be the graphics card or chip?
More details about the system would be a great help.

Spence