P4T/P4T-E compatible with Leadtek A310-TD

I originally bought a Leadtek A310-TD video board for use with
a newer motherboard, but may end up using it on one of my
older systems (if possible). I believe they are P4T or P4T-E.
Does anyone know if it's compatible?

Paul

Splendid

In article <hkj531peja9fsptql9tr7l4o6fm466jik3@4ax.com>, _R
<_R@nomail.org> wrote:

> I originally bought a Leadtek A310-TD video board for use with
> a newer motherboard, but may end up using it on one of my
> older systems (if possible). I believe they are P4T or P4T-E.
> Does anyone know if it's compatible?

Geforce FX5600.

Judging by pictures, has universal keying, and can run at
either 1.5V or 3.3V . Supports 2X,4X,8X. The P4T/P4TE are
1.5V only, and will work fine with a universal card. Both
have AGP pro slots. The P4T manual is a bit coy about what
voltage to use, but the picture of the motherboard shows
the AGP slot has the 1.5V key installed. Neither motherboard
has an AGP warn red LED, which would have been extra insurance,
but I'm not expecting trouble in this case anyway. Just don't
stick an SIS305 in there.

Looks OK to me. Unless you have some older video cards,
generally keying prevents accidents. And the FX5600 is
recent enough.

Paul

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 06:53:31 -0500, nospam@needed.com (Paul) wrote:

>In article <hkj531peja9fsptql9tr7l4o6fm466jik3@4ax.com>, _R
><_R@nomail.org> wrote:
>
>> I originally bought a Leadtek A310-TD video board for use with
>> a newer motherboard, but may end up using it on one of my
>> older systems (if possible). I believe they are P4T or P4T-E.
>> Does anyone know if it's compatible?
>
>Geforce FX5600.
>
>Judging by pictures, has universal keying, and can run at
>either 1.5V or 3.3V . Supports 2X,4X,8X. The P4T/P4TE are
>1.5V only, and will work fine with a universal card. Both
>have AGP pro slots. The P4T manual is a bit coy about what
>voltage to use, but the picture of the motherboard shows
>the AGP slot has the 1.5V key installed. Neither motherboard
>has an AGP warn red LED, which would have been extra insurance,
>but I'm not expecting trouble in this case anyway. Just don't
>stick an SIS305 in there.
>
>Looks OK to me. Unless you have some older video cards,
>generally keying prevents accidents. And the FX5600 is
>recent enough.

Thanks. Yeah, I found the P4T manual to be obscure about this.
Of course they couldn't be expected to see into the future, but
some comments on voltages and standards would have been
nice.