Which printer for advertising brochures?

Hi all,

Please recommend a printer and supplies for the following print job.

I want to print my own advertising brochures. They will be A5 in size - A4
printed on both sides then folded in half - and each brochure will have at least
2 sheets of paper. There will be photos of my products, so I need fairly high
resolution.

I assume I should buy something like the Canon i865 or better that supports a
continuous inking system. I may even consider the i9100 so I can print some nice
photos for my walls too. My understanding is that the latest Canon printers (965
and 9950) don't support continuous inking systems.

How much should I expect to pay for this printer, the continuous inking system,
and the ink itself?

What paper would you recommend?

Many thanks for any replies.

I'm actually in Australia, so US prices will be much more than here, but I would
still appreciate the quotes.
--
Ben Thomas

You are mistaken. WeInk, LLC supports
ALL Canon 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 color S & i series
printers models 500 and higher, this includes
the i990 and i9950, with Continuous Re-Inking
Systems.

Customer Service ( customer.service@weink.com )
WeInk, LLC
http://www.weink.com
Beat the high cost of printing with
Camel Continuous Re-Inking System
_____________________________

>I may even consider the i9100 so I can print some nice
> photos for my walls too. My understanding is that the latest Canon
printers (965
> and 9950) don't support continuous inking systems.

In message <cgeh8c.4ne.ln@192.168.11.2>, BenOne© <nosp@m.thanks.mate>
writes

>I want to print my own advertising brochures. They will be A5 in size -
>A4 printed on both sides then folded in half - and each brochure will
>have at least 2 sheets of paper. There will be photos of my products,
>so I need fairly high resolution.

Given how much ink soaks into the paper and is visible from the other
side, and given that you don't want it to run when wet, do you want an
ink jet at all ?

I'd have thought that a colour laser with duplexer would be faster,
require less manual intervention, produce more stable output, and might
cost less to run in the long haul ?

Cheers, J/.
--
John Beardmore

John Beardmore wrote:

> In message <cgeh8c.4ne.ln@192.168.11.2>, BenOne© <nosp@m.thanks.mate>
> writes
>
>> I want to print my own advertising brochures. They will be A5 in size
>> - A4 printed on both sides then folded in half - and each brochure
>> will have at least 2 sheets of paper. There will be photos of my
>> products, so I need fairly high resolution.
>

> Given how much ink soaks into the paper and is visible from the other
> side, and given that you don't want it to run when wet, do you want an
> ink jet at all ?
>
> I'd have thought that a colour laser with duplexer would be faster,
> require less manual intervention, produce more stable output, and might
> cost less to run in the long haul ?
>

> Cheers, J/.

What resolution are colour laser printers capable of?

--
Ben Thomas

Apparently less than 10% of accidents are caused by drivers exceeding the speed
limit.

In message <a7ij8c.v43.ln@192.168.11.2>, BenOne© <nosp@m.thanks.mate>
writes
>John Beardmore wrote:
>> In message <cgeh8c.4ne.ln@192.168.11.2>, BenOne© <nosp@m.thanks.mate>
>>writes

>>> I want to print my own advertising brochures. They will be A5 in
>>>size - A4 printed on both sides then folded in half - and each
>>>brochure will have at least 2 sheets of paper. There will be photos
>>>of my products, so I need fairly high resolution.
>> Given how much ink soaks into the paper and is visible from the
>>other side, and given that you don't want it to run when wet, do you
>>want an ink jet at all ?
>> I'd have thought that a colour laser with duplexer would be faster,
>>require less manual intervention, produce more stable output, and
>>might cost less to run in the long haul ?
>> Cheers, J/.
>
>What resolution are colour laser printers capable of?

At least 600 dpi, maybe more ?

Cheers, J/.
--
John Beardmore