K8N USB PROBLEMS

Just installed a Microsoft bluetooth keyboard and mouse, and while they work
fine with Windows the MB will not recognize any mouse or keyboard at bootup.
For me to get into BIOS I have to plus a PS2 keyboard in. Legacy USB is
enabled. Any ideas...
5 answers Last reply
More about problems

    Microsoft is saying most likey ASUS hasnt put in the Bluetooth support in
    their BIOS. ??? Anyone

    _MARK_ wrote:
    > Microsoft is saying most likey ASUS hasnt put in the Bluetooth support in
    > their BIOS. ??? Anyone

    What connector does the mouse and keyboard use to the computer?

    If it's a bluetooth wireless device to a base station thats USB, then
    it's a USB mouse/keyboard and should work.

    Ben

    It plugs directly into a 2.0 usb port on the motherboard..

    _MARK_ wrote:
    > It plugs directly into a 2.0 usb port on the motherboard..

    Then the BIOS doesn't need Bluetooth support.

    Hmm, actually I wonder if it does. There is no reason why it can't be
    done - I just found this:

    http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?q=bluetooth+mouse+dos&hl=en&lr=&selm=OkqOrcFmDHA.964%40TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl&rnum=1

    http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?q=bluetooth+mouse+dos&hl=en&lr=&selm=n3_E9.3087%24yy.444255%40newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net&rnum=3

    Hmm, just MS being rubbish, methinks.

    Ben

    It's really strange. Tried everything I can think of but to no avail. Even
    doublechecked all the settings in BIOS (with the help of a ps2 keyboard) and
    they are all correct. In Bios under USB connections, it says no devices
    found... Strange help..

    > _MARK_ wrote:
    >> It plugs directly into a 2.0 usb port on the motherboard..
    >
    > Then the BIOS doesn't need Bluetooth support.
    >
    > Hmm, actually I wonder if it does. There is no reason why it can't be
    > done - I just found this:
    >
    > http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?q=bluetooth+mouse+dos&hl=en&lr=&selm=OkqOrcFmDHA.964%40TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl&rnum=1
    >
    > http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?q=bluetooth+mouse+dos&hl=en&lr=&selm=n3_E9.3087%24yy.444255%40newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net&rnum=3
    >
    > Hmm, just MS being rubbish, methinks.