K8N USB PROBLEMS

Just installed a Microsoft bluetooth keyboard and mouse, and while they work
fine with Windows the MB will not recognize any mouse or keyboard at bootup.
For me to get into BIOS I have to plus a PS2 keyboard in. Legacy USB is
enabled. Any ideas...

Microsoft is saying most likey ASUS hasnt put in the Bluetooth support in
their BIOS. ??? Anyone

_MARK_ wrote:
> Microsoft is saying most likey ASUS hasnt put in the Bluetooth support in
> their BIOS. ??? Anyone

What connector does the mouse and keyboard use to the computer?

If it's a bluetooth wireless device to a base station thats USB, then
it's a USB mouse/keyboard and should work.

Ben

It plugs directly into a 2.0 usb port on the motherboard..

_MARK_ wrote:
> It plugs directly into a 2.0 usb port on the motherboard..

Then the BIOS doesn't need Bluetooth support.

Hmm, actually I wonder if it does. There is no reason why it can't be
done - I just found this:

http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?q=bluetooth+mouse+dos&hl=en&lr=&selm=OkqOrcFmDHA.964%40TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl&rnum=1

http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?q=bluetooth+mouse+dos&hl=en&lr=&selm=n3_E9.3087%24yy.444255%40newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net&rnum=3

Hmm, just MS being rubbish, methinks.

Ben

It's really strange. Tried everything I can think of but to no avail. Even
doublechecked all the settings in BIOS (with the help of a ps2 keyboard) and
they are all correct. In Bios under USB connections, it says no devices
found... Strange help..