Event ID: 1003
Date: 8/13/2004
Time: 9:16:58 PM
User: N/A
Computer: MAIN_COMPUTER
Error code 0000009c, parameter1 00000000, parameter2 805366f0,
parameter3 c45ac000, parameter4 00000136.

Data:
0000: 53 79 73 74 65 6d 20 45 System E
0008: 72 72 6f 72 20 20 45 72 rror Er
0010: 72 6f 72 20 63 6f 64 65 ror code
0018: 20 30 30 30 30 30 30 39 0000009
0020: 63 20 20 50 61 72 61 6d c Param
0028: 65 74 65 72 73 20 30 30 eters 00
0030: 30 30 30 30 30 30 2c 20 000000,
0038: 38 30 35 33 36 36 66 30 805366f0
0040: 2c 20 63 34 35 61 63 30 , c45ac0
0048: 30 30 2c 20 30 30 30 30 00, 0000
0050: 30 31 33 36 0136

I am going to guess it is a Video Card problem. Do you get an error
message or BSOD with an actualy device name or anything? Try
uninstalling your current video card drivers and install the latest
version. See if that helps at all. Also, how are the temps inside your
computer?

----
Nathan McNulty

Nathan McNulty <nospam@msn.com> wrote in message news:<uFl9CddgEHA.2020@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>...
> I am going to guess it is a Video Card problem. Do you get an error
> message or BSOD with an actualy device name or anything? Try
> uninstalling your current video card drivers and install the latest
> version. See if that helps at all. Also, how are the temps inside your
> computer?
>
> ----
> Nathan McNulty

Nathan, thanks for the reply. I would agree with the video card
suggestion except that I've had Medal Of Honor installed on this PC
for over a year without a problem (same video driver all along).

Flight Sim 2004 was installed last weekend so I guess I could try
uninstalling it but error code 0000009c looks like a hardware issue.

As for temperature, this morning I installed some
motherboard-monitoring software to see how hot the PC is. The inside
of the case has been around 89F degrees. The CPU was at 125F degrees.

The CPU is an Athlon 2.6 gigahertz processor. In any case, I opened
up the case and cleaned a lot of dust out of there. The CPU's fan and
heatsink were covered in dust. I removed all the cards and memory to
make sure everything is well-seated in each slot.

Since cleaning the dust, the CPU has been running about 10-12 degrees
cooler (113-115F).

I have downloaded new drivers for the video card but have not
installed them yet. I'll see if the cooler CPU does the trick.

Carlos R.