A7N8X-E Deluxe cmos checksum error loading defaults

Clarity

I'm trying to install an A7N8X-E Deluxe with an 1100 AMD not duron chip.
512 mb of Kingston ram, bio 1012. MB is new, cpu and ram are from working
machines. Get cmos checksum error: loading defaults then freezes...can't f1
or del to get to bios. have replaced batt, cleared rtc ram and taken out
batt about a dozen times. removed all peripherals. put different mem in.
set to 200 fsb. Sheesh....tried everything i know but always same thing.
after initial post beep there is a slight kinda low level click/beep. get
usual bios start but then error message....sigh....
any ideas would be greatly appreciated...
Thanks

Paul

Splendid

In article <3v-dneLYfcPH-67fRVn-vA@midco.net>, "Clarity"
<clarity@home.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to install an A7N8X-E Deluxe with an 1100 AMD not duron chip.
> 512 mb of Kingston ram, bio 1012. MB is new, cpu and ram are from working
> machines. Get cmos checksum error: loading defaults then freezes...can't f1
> or del to get to bios. have replaced batt, cleared rtc ram and taken out
> batt about a dozen times. removed all peripherals. put different mem in.
> set to 200 fsb. Sheesh....tried everything i know but always same thing.
> after initial post beep there is a slight kinda low level click/beep. get
> usual bios start but then error message....sigh....
> any ideas would be greatly appreciated...
> Thanks

Did you try changing the CPU_FSB jumper, the one to the left of the
Northbridge ?

Have you plugged amplified speakers into the green Lineout
jack on the back of the computer ? Vocal POST error messages
come out there. See the chapter in the manual, that has a list
of the error messages, because the messages are not very
clear and you'll have to listen pretty hard to make out
what they are saying.

Paul

>I'm trying to install an A7N8X-E Deluxe with an 1100 AMD not duron chip.
>512 mb of Kingston ram, bio 1012. MB is new, cpu and ram are from working
>machines. Get cmos checksum error: loading defaults then freezes...can't f1
>or del to get to bios. have replaced batt, cleared rtc ram and taken out
>batt about a dozen times. removed all peripherals. put different mem in.
>set to 200 fsb. Sheesh....tried everything i know but always same thing.
>after initial post beep there is a slight kinda low level click/beep. get
>usual bios start but then error message....sigh....
>any ideas would be greatly appreciated...
>Thanks

A dodgy HDD can give that message. I always try the other ATA
connector since one can be bad on the mobo but the other fine. Check
IDE cables also.