CUSL2 USB ports don't work

I just bought a USB scanner and a USB flash drive and can't get any
response from either on my CUSL2. I can plug the flash drive into my
laptop, it lights up, is detected by Explorer and works just fine.
Plug it into my desktop and... nothing. Same with the scanner.

The CPU is a P3-700mhz and the power supply is a 300-watt unit.

I'm running XP Pro on both machines. Laptop has SP1, desktop has SP2.
I tried uninstalling SP2 and plugging in the flash drive but still
nothing so I reinstalled SP2.

The USB drives all show fine in Device Manager. I tried removing them
and letting XP detect them again, which it did with no problem. They
show no errors, no conflicts, etc. I've tried enabling and disabling
all of the USB settings I can find in the BIOS (version 1003), but
that didn't help. I upgraded to version 1009 and tried again, but
they still don't work.

Some time ago, I tried a USB game stick. It didn't work, but I wrote
it off to it being a junk piece anyway (second-hand, got it free).
Other than that, this is the first time I've tried to use the USB
ports, so I don't know if they've ever functioned.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Dave

BigJim

make sure they are enabled in the bios

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 10:06:30 -0500, davidrt@fuse.net wrote:

>I just bought a USB scanner and a USB flash drive and can't get any
>response from either on my CUSL2. I can plug the flash drive into my
>laptop, it lights up, is detected by Explorer and works just fine.
>Plug it into my desktop and... nothing. Same with the scanner.
>
>The CPU is a P3-700mhz and the power supply is a 300-watt unit.
>
>I'm running XP Pro on both machines. Laptop has SP1, desktop has SP2.
>I tried uninstalling SP2 and plugging in the flash drive but still
>nothing so I reinstalled SP2.
>
>The USB drives all show fine in Device Manager. I tried removing them
>and letting XP detect them again, which it did with no problem. They
>show no errors, no conflicts, etc. I've tried enabling and disabling
>all of the USB settings I can find in the BIOS (version 1003), but
>that didn't help. I upgraded to version 1009 and tried again, but
>they still don't work.
>
>Some time ago, I tried a USB game stick. It didn't work, but I wrote
>it off to it being a junk piece anyway (second-hand, got it free).
>Other than that, this is the first time I've tried to use the USB
>ports, so I don't know if they've ever functioned.
>
>Any help would be much appreciated!
>
>Dave
my Usb ports on my CUSL2 quit working very early on after I purchased
it.Showed fine in device manager also.finally gave up and bought a
pci usb addon card. suspect something in that particular circuit may
have failed.